Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy 2022! General Discussion Thread
Ozoneocean at 8:04PM, Jan. 1, 2022
(online)
It's 2021! Roaring 20s take 3!

Here is your new general thread everyone!
Rant, brag, philosophise, muse, moan, speak as you like! ^_^

Link to the last one: https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/178573/?page=10/?page=10

PROCEED!
last edited on Jan. 1, 2022 11:48PM
lothar at 10:30PM, Jan. 1, 2022
(offline)
Hell Yeah !!!! 20021 part II

How's everybody doin ?
Andreas_Helixfinger at 11:11PM, Jan. 1, 2022
(offline)
Doin' okay. Spent yesterday hydrating and sleeping away my hangover from New Years Eve. Me and a buddy of mine had a little celebration at my place with me making tacos and him bringing a lot of strong beers and two bottles of champagne that we shared. We ate, drank, popped the first bottle of champagne and watched the following movies in order on DVD and VHS.

The Crow, The Warriors, Phone Booth and Nemesis 2.

Then at midnight around the time we finnished watching Phone Booth we popped the second champage, I'd had champagne and three strong beers before that, and he'd had like six beers, so we got pretty hammered by the time I went to bed and had my friend crash on the sofa.

Had breakfast and read Bodycount, a comic written by one of the two parents of TMNT, Kevin Eastman, and penciled, inked and covered by non other then Simon “the Bis” Bisley himself, til' my friend woke up and left around 1 pm. And that's been my new year's celebration story for 2022.

last edited on Jan. 1, 2022 11:14PM
Ozoneocean at 11:55PM, Jan. 1, 2022
(online)
Sounds heavy! Hahaha!
I went over to a friend's place, had a walk and then we just fell asleep chatting. Woke up at 2.45am and chatted some more before going off to sleep again. It was very relaxing.
lothar at 2:48AM, Jan. 2, 2022
(offline)
NIce
I watched groundhog day
Ozoneocean at 3:05AM, Jan. 2, 2022
(online)
lothar wrote:
NIce
I watched groundhog day
Hahaha! Looks like that's our reality
Ironscarf at 5:44AM, Jan. 3, 2022
(offline)
We opened up a bag of my late Father In Law's old ska records that hadn't seen the light of day since the seventies - mostly songs I hadn't heard before. The fireworks going off around here gave a hint of what the blitz must have felt like, when the house opposite ours was destroyed by a parachute mine. Happy 2022 everyone.
elektro at 11:01AM, Jan. 3, 2022
(offline)
I made another song, though I'm wondering if I still need to mess with EQ and volume levels.

Carissa's Light (Rough Mix)
gullas at 4:52AM, Jan. 4, 2022
(offline)
Honestly last two years have been rough ones.
In general, raising a little one (turns two in a couple of days) is a pretty tough ordeal, but it's one that I never knew I had… inner feelings for? or what you might call it, the love, for a lack of better term, that one can give another being? Knowing that's not necessarily always the case.
It's been a rollercoaster ride. My partner had to deal with a fiasco involving inheritance, major work- and lifestyle changes and general relationship conflicts.
All of 2021 I was dealing with health (mostly chronic fatigue and asthma) problems after contracting covid in the fall of 2020 and besides living in a country that hasn't as of yet gone in a state of lockdown, it has shaken the spirit of my countrymen with restrictions, mask use and the inability of authorities to do anything preventive rather than reactive - although I suspect that's a sentiment that's widespread and not limited to my nordic/scandinavian experience.

Am I hopeful for 2022? Partially… maybe? Although my gut feeling is positive, I too am a pessimist so… who the duck knows….
last edited on Jan. 4, 2022 12:19PM
gullas at 12:29PM, Jan. 4, 2022
(offline)
elektro wrote:
I made another song, though I'm wondering if I still need to mess with EQ and volume levels.

Carissa's Light (Rough Mix)

I like the roughness of it, Might want to lower the strumming in the verses so it could really hit it the chorus. I don't hate the “if The Cure and Trent Reznor hand a illegitimate cild in the 90's” vibe of it.
elektro at 5:38PM, Jan. 4, 2022
(offline)
gullas wrote:
I like the roughness of it, Might want to lower the strumming in the verses so it could really hit it the chorus. I don't hate the “if The Cure and Trent Reznor hand a illegitimate cild in the 90's” vibe of it.

I've made a new mix after tweaking some things.

New Mix

I had another guy on a different forum say my vocals in the verses sound like David Bowie. Musically, I was heavily inspired by Killing Joke's Love Like Blood. Lyrically, it was inspired by my niece Carissa, who committed suicide almost 5 years ago at the age of 32.
Carlton at 6:16AM, Jan. 5, 2022
(offline)
The site's running slow today, huh?
Anyhow, new page of new episode uploaded.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/DELPHINE_and_ZIGADIAS/

lothar at 1:56AM, Jan. 6, 2022
(offline)
The whole internet is running slow for me EVERY DAY
bravo1102 at 2:39AM, Jan. 6, 2022
(offline)
Any speed the internet picks up with this new gadget or another is always slowed down again by advances in content. Now there are pop-ups and videos that slow everything back to a crawl again.

And then some security software scans everything coming and going further slowing everything down. Just for the heck of it I once shut off the security software the wife has installed and everything sped up by a third. But it keeps us safe so it stays turned on. :D

Wife has omicron Covid and it's a bad cold with a nasty cough. I'm still asymptomatic and test negative. I have a feeling the bad cold I had back in November may have been my bout of Covid. The science says that with the vaccines in place often the symptoms are mild and I could have lucked put. Considering still an essential employee it's just my luck not to get ill enough that I test and have to get time off from work to isolate.

Oh, no! I'm never lucky enough to be able to sit in bed for months doing nothing unless I have eye surgery and can't move either. I'm not going to look my gift horse in the mouth. Have to go to work you know. ;)

Really should fix those links down there with one for my new comic. Keep forgetting.
last edited on Jan. 6, 2022 2:41AM
lothar at 4:25AM, Jan. 6, 2022
(offline)
I remember when there was a 500k limit to comics. Now some people make pages that are the size of movie clips. I'm sitting here watching it load like comics book guy waiting for Captain Janeway. Am I a dinosaur for saving my JPGs at 72 resolution and 50% quality?
bravo1102 at 4:39AM, Jan. 6, 2022
(offline)
lothar wrote:
I remember when there was a 500k limit to comics. Now some people make pages that are the size of movie clips. I'm sitting here watching it load like comics book guy waiting for Captain Janeway. Am I a dinosaur for saving my JPGs at 72 resolution and 50% quality?

Be adventurous go to 100 resolution and 80% quality. That way the files are below 500k and some below 350k so people who have data plans on their phone can load them. (And never get above three bars in reception. Only so much bandwidth you know)
elektro at 10:18AM, Jan. 8, 2022
(offline)
So I'm working on more songs. Let me know what you think of this one. I hope I've got the mix down.

The Janitor (Rough Mix)
last edited on Jan. 14, 2022 10:39AM
Ozoneocean at 12:08AM, Jan. 14, 2022
(online)
I'll check that out when I have time Elecrto.

————-

So I'm back after my surgery. It's the first time I've ever had real surgery, not counting my wisdom teeth removal.
Wow, interesting experience.
Would not want to do it again…

Laparoscopic hernia surgery is pretty short and routine. They just spend a couple of hours doing their thing and fixing you up and then you're out of hospital the next day.

So this was basically the surgery experience on easy mode! But even so I did not like it!!!!
All the appointments, perpetration, interviews, scans and tests leading up to it was onerous and intimidating.
I as out for the surgery itself of course but I woke up with WAYYYY more pain and discomfort than I went in with. 2-3 days later and I'm still in pain all through my abdominal area…

When I had the hernias I only had pain if I walked a lot and my intestines got kinked, backup up fluid and gas. That could be very painful but I could avoid it and it would also calm down.
Now I have pain all the time. but at least I don't have to worry about literally holding my guts in each time I sneeze…

It's weird getting used to not having to hold myself and push bits black into place….
bravo1102 at 2:35AM, Jan. 14, 2022
(offline)
My nephew had a laproscopic hernia repair few years ago. Totally different world from when you got a five inch incision on your abdomen. Been nearly thirty years but there are still occasional twinges because they cut through a lot of muscle.
I couldn't move the first week, not even to put on a pair of pants. Just lay in a nightshirt. Couldn't handle stairs so had to stay at my mother's house.
My umbilical hernia ten years later the recovery wasn't nearly as bad. Suffering with it was. I was teaching and had spent most of the time grimacing in pain.
lothar at 2:37AM, Jan. 14, 2022
(offline)
Fuck hernias!
The worst part is trying to take a shit after the surgery. At least in my experience. I was hospitalized for a few days, but that's how they do here. I elected not to sleep. Big mistake.
bravo1102 at 3:50AM, Jan. 14, 2022
(offline)
lothar wrote:
Fuck hernias!
The worst part is trying to take a shit after the surgery. At least in my experience. I was hospitalized for a few days, but that's how they do here. I elected not to sleep. Big mistake.

Fuck yeah, they wouldn't let me leave the hospital until I pissed. They gave me one of those jars and I said no, I'm sitting on a toilet!
Ironscarf at 5:31AM, Jan. 14, 2022
(offline)
I was able to go home as soon a couple of hours afterwards, as I could stand up. They were kind enough to give me a bag of laxatives for the journey though.
I'm surprised so many of us have had this. Comics must be a much more strenuous activity than I thought.
last edited on Jan. 14, 2022 6:46PM
bravo1102 at 5:48AM, Jan. 14, 2022
(offline)
Ironscarf wrote:
I'm surprised so many of us have had this. Comics must be a much more strenuous activity than I thought.

All the frustration and stress of the creative process.

And you know when they say “it only hurts when I laugh”?

In part, they're referring to hernias. It really does hurt when you laugh.
kawaiidaigakusei at 7:38PM, Jan. 14, 2022
(online)
Here is to another year. Happy New Year 2022, Ducks!!

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Andreas_Helixfinger at 11:00PM, Jan. 14, 2022
(offline)
Another year. Another ride. Another quack of ingenious duckadence^^ Cheers the same, Kawaiidaigakusei!
last edited on Jan. 15, 2022 3:08AM
Ozoneocean at 11:08PM, Jan. 14, 2022
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Ironscarf wrote:

All the frustration and stress of the creative process.

And you know when they say “it only hurts when I laugh”?

In part, they're referring to hernias. It really does hurt when you laugh.

We're all hernia brothers XD

Yup, going to the toilet is awful…
I had my opp on Tuesday afternoon. I woke up in my hospital room, took the painkllers they gave me and didn't sleep… Like Lothar. I SHOULD have, those opiates were making it impossible to do anything but I didn't :(
So I stayed awake most of the night.
I should've left before 10am the next day, but it took the doctor ages to come and see me. I was able to walk out slowly when I was able to leave.

They INSIST you pee, but getting all the stuff out of your swollen stomach makes you feel better haha!

Thank goodness it wasn't the same sort of surgery Bravo had. That would have been a nightmare O_O
Othosmops at 3:10PM, Jan. 15, 2022
(offline)
I hope the hemia heals quick and complication-free, and 2022 will become a great year for the DD and it's admin!
Ozoneocean at 12:41AM, Jan. 16, 2022
(online)
Othosmops wrote:
I hope the hemia heals quick and complication-free, and 2022 will become a great year for the DD and it's admin!
Haha, thankyou! ^_^
bravo1102 at 2:52AM, Jan. 24, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean

We're all hernia brothers XD

Funny you should say that. Just found out my older brother has a hernia and is going for his surgery middle of February.
elektro at 11:31AM, Jan. 30, 2022
(offline)
I did this song recently. I think I need to mess with the vocal levels more, but tell me what you think. I have two more songs to record before this album is done.

Babylon Machine (Rough Mix)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon