Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
A Reaver at 12:22PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
So my knee has only got worse. I havent had a chance to rest it at all since it happened so I decided to take this sunday as a lie in bed day. My dad starts knocking my door telling me that I'm getting up to go with him to mass. I said I wasn't as I haven't went in 3 years because I don't want to be assosiated with the Catholic church. So I get up and get a shower. He starts shouting at me that I have 5 minutes. I just ignored him and went on with my shower. He then starts shouting that I'm making him late. I told him I wasnt going again and he threw a hissy fit about me choosing now to tell him and making him late. I told him twice. Then he tells me to get my coat and get in the car half an hour later. After 4 miles of him arguing with me about my religious beliefs he tells me to get out and walk home then he turns around and leaves. 2 hours of walking later I get home and my knee is pulsing. He's talking to the rest of the family like nothing happened when I come in. Just dismissed it. Later that night he asks me to separate the food for dinner. Needless to say I intentionally rubbed his on the bottom of my shoe.
I have no respect for him and he can go fuck himself.

Shiny new comic.
Lonnehart at 1:55PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
Whoa… I put up a new house for The Sims 3 last night and when I check the downloads… Granted 52 downloads is a lot less than most people on that site probably get, but it's a lot for me. I hate building mansions in any Sims game. Yes, lots of space and such, but you have to cheat… or play really hard to live in it. So now when I make Sims 3 houses I make sure they stay affordable for any Sim starting out and that it only uses content from the original game. :)

Wow… I knew catfish were some sick predators, but I never thought they would go so far as to lay their eggs on another fish's nest only to have that fish put her eggs (and the catfish eggs) in her mouth to protect them… Then the catfish eggs hatch first and for their first meal they eat the fish eggs still developing in their mothers mouth and she never even notices…

And now this is getting weird… I turn the access panel fan so that it blows air out of the case and my system temperature goes down, but my CPU goes up. But when I turn it so it blows air into the case (and onto the mainboard) my CPU temperature goes down, but my system temperature goes up. Now I'm confused…
last edited on Dec. 20, 2011 7:42PM
Niccea at 3:25PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(offline)
Christmas has come early. I got accepted into the MBA program! It takes a lot of pressure off me and I can now fight the OT school at my lesiure instead of on their time. In other news, I was misinformed by the fieldwork instructor when I was dropped from the program. She made it sound like I couldn't go to any OT school for at least 6 years. I did my research and I can go to any OT school that will take me right now. I would have to put up with the stigma of failing previous fieldwork rotations, but there is no waiting period that I was originally lead to believe.
ayesinback at 3:50PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
@ Reaver (faux Same) - so sorry to read about the rotten Sunday - really rotten. I once had a boss who, when things were going rotten, would opine: “this too shall pass”.
One day she asked me what I mumbled every time she'd say that. Well, ye know, she asked. “What I mumble,” said I, “is: ‘like an apricot pit.’” So Reaver: like an apricot pit.

@Niccea: glad the program pressure is off - but you still have to decide what you WANT. from one outsider's view, it looks like what you want is to stay busy.

yeah, well. EKG tomorrow. No worries - I know ME HEART IS STRONG. It's just that I am fed up with all this nonsense. Reminds me of good ol “Isabel” (Ogden Nash):
Isabel met a troublesome doctor,
He punched and he poked till he really shocked her.
The doctor's talk was of coughs and chills
And the doctor's satchel bulged with pills.
The doctor said unto Isabel,
Swallow this, it will make you well.
Isabel, Isabel, didn't worry,
Isabel didn't scream or scurry.
She took those pills from the pill concocter,
And Isabel calmly cured the doctor.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Dec. 20, 2011 3:51PM
Lonnehart at 8:13PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
Um….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBNCN6v_gk
I don't have the guts to try this, not even the old CPUs I have in storage…
Ozoneocean at 8:34PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
And now this is getting weird… I turn the access panel fan so that it blows air out of the case and my system temperature goes down, but my CPU goes up. But when I turn it so it blows air into the case (and onto the mainboard) my CPU temperature goes down, but my system temperature goes up. Now I'm confused…
It's really quite obvious actually. Think about it :)

-One arangment of the fan results in the heat being more eficiently moved away from the CPU and so adding to the heat of the rest of the system.
-The other resluts in a less efficent removal of heat from the CPU.
Proably better to go with the one that cools the CPU better.

@Reaver - that really sucks, but in the long run it's probably in your best interests to humour the old bastard.

@Ayes - good luck!

———–
Oh so busy today… but I should have my ultra sexy sectret santa art done by tomorrow!
Lonnehart at 1:55AM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
I figure it's the best way to cool the CPU, Ozone. Only one small problem… the evil Dust Bunnies will find it easier to get inside, so I have to clean them out at least once a month to keep the system from shorting out and overheating… I bet a lot of us have dust bunnies inside our computer cases and don't even know it…

And Mass Effect 2… I don't quite understand some of the villains. For instance that merc prison warden. He knows Shepard is pretty famous for having things blow up around him. What made him think he could put the guy/girl in a prison cell and not have his ship destroyed around him? Oh, well… at least the “Empress” of that asteroid space station knew enough not to mess with the Commander…
last edited on Dec. 21, 2011 1:58AM
Ozoneocean at 2:16AM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Well the guy IS supposed to be a prison warden, he would likley have to deal with all sorts of dangerous characters both capable and convicted of all sorts of serious destruction.
HippieVan at 9:49AM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Four working days left until Christmas. And then boxing day, which I'm kind of dreading. Working retail in holiday times is a pain. I haven't had time for most of our Christmas traditions, and it's been very warm here this winter, so I don't feel very Christmas-y yet. The build-up is half the fun.

I've decided that I won't work for at least my first year in university though, so next year I'll have plenty of time for fun Christmas things.

I watched Nightmare at 20,000 Feetwith my little sister the other day and for whatever reason, it really freaked her out. She even screamed when the gremlin's face is up against the window. Which is funny, because usually she's very calm when watching films and I'm the one who cries/screams/jumps/whatever.

So I printed out this picture and put it all over the house in places she would find it. On the bathroom mirror(right at face level), in the fridge, in her video game case, on the back door, etc. She was not too pleased with me. : ) Best big sister ever.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Ozoneocean at 5:09PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Hahaha, you evil hippie!

————

For some reason my right knee was hurting, aching really badly all night. It got so bad I had to take painkillers to get back to sleep… Not sore at all now though. WTF is up?
Reminded me of the horrible “growing pains” I used to get when I was little. Those were a nihtmare, the worst pains I've ever had in my legs.
ayesinback at 5:51PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
“growing pains” . . . I still remember mine - they were awful

yeah. so today - Today I look like excrement. Oh, I feel alright, but the lack of sleep and the hair (oh God - The Hair . . .). Anyways - It was a work-at-home day, so that was good, and looking like excrement when you need to deal with the medical peeps is not necessarily a bad thing.

Got my EKG. and since I looked like excrement and the technician did not raise her arms and exclaim “ Oh Lordie, Lordie, Lordie” - well, i have to surmise it went very well. (actually, it's doubtful that the technician could have appeared less engaged than she did, as nice as she was about it all, so really - couldn't be more realistically optimistic)

*the end*
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 7:24PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Haha, at least it's not like when I had an ultrasound of my injured shoulder- the lady doctor was dressed like a flamenco dancer!

Oh lordie, lordie, lordie! (love that image). My knee IS still a bit sore, but nothing like last night.
Wonder what it could be…? I haven't knocked it, haven't been running, dancing, jumping… I wonder.
Lonnehart at 8:10PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Wow… everyone's having a bad day. At least my car is rolling again. But I wish it wasn't so hot… If only I could trade a few degrees of heat with DDers in North America… or wherever else it's cold at right now…

Been playing Galactive Civilizations again out of boredom. Decided to try and go my own way in designing new ships instead of using examples from other sci fi shows. And here it is…

Wouldn't it be terrifying if you saw a fleet of these heading towards your planet? hehehehe…
HippieVan at 8:36PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
I am just fuming mad.

We had a glass display case at work that was VERY close to the edge of the cash desk. I walked up to the counter to see how the new girl was getting on. I was about a foot away from the counter so I didn't even come close to bumping or touching it whatsoever, but it chose that exact moment to topple over. I grabbed one side of it but the whole thing fell apart and shattered(showing how well it was put together). It was tempered glass so I was alright other than a small cut on my finger and a sliver in my hand, but I was a little shaken up because it basically fell on top of me. So two of my co-workers and I swept it all up, and then I used the oldest vaccuum in the world to try to get up the smaller shards.

It wasn't reallyanyone's fault, and I wasn't hurt, so why am I mad? My boss' reaction. When it first fell over she just stared, and then walked down the aisle to talk to her friend for half an hour while we cleaned up. When I vaccuumed, she stood around and pointed out shards I had missed. (“You have to do this area again.” “*exasperated* I've gone over that bit about six times…” "You have to go over it until you don't see anylittle shiny bits.“)

The first thing she said to me about it was after I cleaned up - ”So how did that happen?“ I explained it to her and she said ”Oh, so it justjumpedoff the counter then?“ She repeated that to a customer when they asked what had happened to it(”So someone bumped it?“ *looks at me* ”Apparently it just jumped off the counter.") It kills me that she won't properly get mad at me. It's always that sort of passive-aggressive BS. What's worse is that not once did she ask if I was alright.

And you know what? If it was anyone's fault it was hers, because she said months ago that she would put an edge up on the counter to keep the case from falling off, and she never did.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Ozoneocean at 12:45AM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
@ lonne- make them pink and more phallic.
That'll clear any planet in seconds. ;)

@ Hippie- Wow, what a cretin. I'd call her out on it. Find another job ASAP. AN idiot like that makes a hostile workplace and that'll get you down. It's not worth it.
Lonnehart at 1:34AM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
More pink and phallic?!?
You're kidding… right? RIGHT?!?
Yes… I could probablydo that. But then I'd be hit with the BAN mallet by a certain munkee…
gullas at 4:29AM, Dec. 22, 2011
(offline)
talking about the BAN mallet, how often has it been used? Because I can only remember two times that I've witnessed it's awesomeness….
Ozoneocean at 6:06AM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
@Lonne- well I didn't say to post pics of it ;p)

@Gullas- A few more times than that. There have been many spammers, many arseholes… For example, the Admin on Comic Fury and a couple of his supporters earned the hammer for his hack and vandalism way back when.
Bygones be bygones, forgive and forget, water under the bridge and all that stuff- but it is an amusingly apt example, I'm sure you'll agree!
Lonnehart at 5:49PM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
Problem is… I WILL post pictures of it. Hence why I'm not going to even try to start. Of course I'm already thinking of making a ship in the shape of a giant woman… I wonder what enemy fleets will think when they see those ships. But that's gonna take some work. -_-

Guaranteed they'll come equipped with eye lasers, mass driver attacks firing out their hands… and…

These very special weapons…… except they'll have full salvos of them. :)
last edited on Dec. 22, 2011 5:53PM
Ozoneocean at 10:41PM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
What a great anime. Please tell me its name?
Lonnehart at 10:50PM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
I think it's Maharomatic, and probably one of the OVAs that came out from that series (because if the girl who refers to her as an elder sister). Never got to watch the whole thing, though.
Kroatz at 2:27AM, Dec. 23, 2011
(online)
Boob rockets.

My dirty teenage mind cant help but be amazed by the possibilities that rocket limbs provides.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today I got hit by a car. Again. It happens to me a bit too much to still be funny. I'm fine and all but I'm getting tired of the pain in my legs.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
bravo1102 at 6:55AM, Dec. 23, 2011
(offline)
I'm all over this one as the creator of the robofemoid. I prefered Breast machine guns like Dr Goldfoot and Austin Powers but ammo storagewas a problem.I mean once the girl's fired off her jugs what's left? Then boob lasers, but I didn't like theSPFX when they were fired.

That's why I did not use this meme for the Robofemoids. But don't think I didn't consider it. I liked the wholeidea of slowly raising the arms to use wrist mounted weapons. Just so scary rather than the girl sticking out her chest and then what? The little dance of the fireflies around the Space Cruiser Yamato wave motion gun? Gun barrels extending from the nipples?

Nope. The ominous slow motion raising of the arm as the power bracelet charges and then ZOOOOOOOOF!

Yup. And now the sequel. Set design and building is so much fun. Printed out some floors and made a cool looking cockpit. Went through the script and arranged the scenes by what sets are required so I only have to build each one once. It's going to take longer than I originally envisioned because of taking care of the wife but that can't be helped. There are so many real cool styrofoam packing shapes out there that make great texture for spaceship interiors with all the nooks and crannies and blocky construction.

Now if I just get the wife to leave me alone so I could shoot some scenes I'd be set.
Genejoke at 7:19AM, Dec. 23, 2011
(online)
It's so inconsiderate of her needed your help and all that jazz ;p
Niccea at 8:00AM, Dec. 23, 2011
(offline)
Got the official acceptance letter today. So I'm closed up, academically until after New Years. I'll start worrying about stuff then.
A Reaver at 7:57PM, Dec. 23, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
Got the official acceptance letter today. So I'm closed up, academically until after New Years. I'll start worrying about stuff then.
Congrats. I hope it goes well.
Sorry I dont read many peoples posts. I scan over some but I dont usually quote and respond. :l. Thanks to the people that reply to mine though.
ANNNNNYWAY! I applied for a job in a BT call centre a town over. Got a responce to do 5 assignments for a placement. It felt like homework. Listening to audio messages and taking down what they said. I'm not english so a couple of the places where hard to hear and the accent wasnt that easy to understand. Its all over now. I had a secret santa post I said I'd have it done 2 days ago and I havent finished it. Its 4 am. Time to get crackin and finishing it.

Shiny new comic.
Ozoneocean at 8:32PM, Dec. 23, 2011
(online)
Congrats Niccea and Reaver about your job!

I finished my Secret Santa pic last night! Yaaaaayy!!!!! I'm reasonably happy with it too- A sexified catgirl.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/ozoneocean/weirdwolfoflondon-ozoneocean-SS.jpg
Genejoke at 1:09AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
Everything is ready for christmas, and the kids are stupidly excited, I have plenty of time to relax… except there is no way the kids will let that happen.
Will have to wear them out today, somehow. not so easy when it's pissing it down with rain.
Ozoneocean at 1:22AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
Simple: give them alcohol!:)

TV?

Vidya games?

Play n the rain?

That last one would be my fave. Plating in the rain is fun!
Genejoke at 1:33AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
they are playing the wii at the moment but it isn't physically tiring, or at least not enough.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon