https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/comics/
Member profile:
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/user/ozoneocean/
News:
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/news/
last edited on March 26, 2024 12:16AM
Genejoke at 2:51AM, March 26, 2024
(online)
The forums seem a bit too basic at this point. It's almost like it was made in notepad.
PaulEberhardt at 4:44AM, March 26, 2024
(offline)
I actually like the forums for this very reason. It focuses on the essential things.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking that the colouring scheme can seem a bit sterile, but on the other hand I'm sure that this serves everyone's needs and wishes best: it won't look garishly off with anything.
J_Scarbrough at 9:35AM, March 26, 2024
(offline)
I'm with Gene on this one, the forum looks less like a forum, and more like a really old-fashioned late 90s/early 2000s in-line message board that some websites had before forum services like phpBB, Proboards, Delphi, and other became prelavent. Not to crazy about that either, if I'm being honest.

My only other suggestion is that maybe the new DD could have a background color instead of just plain white; the white is kind of giving it that cold, impersonal streamlined look that the likes of WebToons, Tapas, and others have. Maybe we could retain our standard pale yellow color for the backgrounds? Just a suggestion.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
marcorossi at 9:46AM, March 26, 2024
(offline)
Without changing too much, since each thread has its own box, the background of the poxes could be yellow, and the border blue/green (the reverse of the logo).
dpat57 at 1:26PM, March 26, 2024
(offline)
There's a thought, how easy are these settings to edit, from an admin POV? Once the programming is done and the new site code is in production mode, will tweaking colors, content, etc. be a simple task, like editing a style sheet?
Ozoneocean at 6:54PM, March 27, 2024
(online)
dpat57 wrote:
There's a thought, how easy are these settings to edit, from an admin POV? Once the programming is done and the new site code is in production mode, will tweaking colors, content, etc. be a simple task, like editing a style sheet?
I will ask Alexey about that since people have a lot of opinions on it XD

Being able to change colours would be interesting and could be done for special events like Christmas and stuff.

-Background info:
When the current forums were introduces no one liked the colours, especially the yellow. We don't mind it now because we've had about 14 years to slowly come around to it haha! But it can still be a bit much even so.

I agree that while is too plain but that was the colour that most people seemed to want.
last edited on March 27, 2024 6:56PM
J_Scarbrough at 7:07PM, March 27, 2024
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Being able to change colours would be interesting and could be done for special events like Christmas and stuff.

Ooh, I would be down for that! Maybe a dark theme with highlights of orange and purple for Halloween; maybe a bright blue with highlights of red and green for Christmas . . . so many possibilities!

Joseph Scarbrough
ksteak at 9:57AM, March 30, 2024
(offline)
wow.

copyright 2011 wowio.
Ozoneocean at 2:49AM, April 1, 2024
(online)
ksteak wrote:
wow.

copyright 2011 wowio.
LOL!

Alexey must have left that in out of habit.
It's probably a good idea to leave it though because if we ever had legal action against us we'd be dead on our own, but that gives as some more protection
paneltastic at 11:48AM, April 3, 2024
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Alexey must have left that in out of habit.
It's probably a good idea to leave it though because if we ever had legal action against us we'd be dead on our own, but that gives as some more protection

How does a nearly 13 year old copyright declaration protect you in a court of law? Does Wowio still exist or even hold ownership of this site anymore?
dpat57 at 1:24PM, April 3, 2024
(offline)
“All Rights Reserved Mastodon” reads as if Mastodon figures into this somehow, maybe a | before Mastodon might help, to separate the two.
Ozoneocean at 7:01PM, April 3, 2024
(online)
Here's the wide view version of the forum as it should look (desktop view) https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/179260/
Ozoneocean at 7:04PM, April 3, 2024
(online)
dpat57 wrote:
“All Rights Reserved Mastodon” reads as if Mastodon figures into this somehow, maybe a | before Mastodon might help, to separate the two.
That'd nee fixing, yeah.

paneltastic wrote:
How does a nearly 13 year old copyright declaration protect you in a court of law? Does Wowio still exist or even hold ownership of this site anymore?
Wowio exists- The age doesn't matter, It's more that any legal stuff would be on them and not us :)
Genejoke at 1:51AM, April 4, 2024
(online)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Here's the wide view version of the forum as it should look (desktop view) https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/179260/

it really needs something to differentiate each post.
marcorossi at 10:16AM, April 4, 2024
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
Ozoneocean wrote:

it really needs something to differentiate each post.

If I click on the link, sometimes I see rounded boxes with shading, and sometimes I don't see the boxes (probably a failure in downloading the CSS).

I think that the round boxes are enough to differentiate the posts.
Genejoke at 10:36AM, April 4, 2024
(online)
interesting, yes I hadn't seen the rounded boxes before. had to reload a few times.

All I had seen was this…

last edited on April 4, 2024 10:40AM
Ozoneocean at 5:07PM, April 4, 2024
(online)
Hahaha! I did have that in my initial description- about the need to reload XD
J_Scarbrough at 9:23AM, April 5, 2024
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:

Okay, I really like that! Again, a little color of some kind would be my only suggestion, but otherwise, I do really like this; it's much easier to read with the larger font, and the content doesn't seem so squished into one small area because of the vertical ad on the side.

Joseph Scarbrough
Emma_Xross at 1:34PM, April 5, 2024
(offline)
Idk if this has been brought up yet but there’s a bit of a readability issue on the main page from mobile.
Ozoneocean at 6:57PM, April 7, 2024
(online)
Emma_Xross wrote:
Idk if this has been brought up yet but there’s a bit of a readability issue on the main page from mobile.

Please tell me what brand of phone you're using and what browser?

It tends to all wrok ok on Android on Chrome. But this is the early stages of the development in a lot of ways, there are still css compatibility issues with older browser and things like Firefox. Safari is close to Chrome so I wouldn't think there'd be issues but there might be :(
Emma_Xross at 4:20AM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Emma_Xross wrote:

Please tell me what brand of phone you're using and what browser?

It tends to all wrok ok on Android on Chrome. But this is the early stages of the development in a lot of ways, there are still css compatibility issues with older browser and things like Firefox. Safari is close to Chrome so I wouldn't think there'd be issues but there might be :(
That was on my iPhone 13 browsing from Safari, from my Android on Firefox though it looks just fine. My iPhone is fully updated as well so I don't THINK that's a factor?
Ozoneocean at 6:05AM, April 8, 2024
(online)
Emma_Xross wrote:
That was on my iPhone 13 browsing from Safari, from my Android on Firefox though it looks just fine. My iPhone is fully updated as well so I don't THINK that's a factor?
OK, it will just be using CSS that's incompatible with mobile Safari then.
That's good to know, thanks for that.
Alexey will definitely address it in due course, right now it's not a working site, it's just there to show the progress.
Emma_Xross at 8:38AM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
Glad to help! :3
memo333 at 10:52AM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
I want a request.

Can u plz add a CHARACTER part in the profile place to add all my characters there? like a fighting game roster selecting screen.

I would love a PART in the profile of your manga to have a special place to add all your characters in squares like a video gamem selecting screen. it can look like this

https://i.redd.it/hi1omjo2hw481.jpg

also…if would be cool for ourselfs to program/code it with css,html to add our own style.

comicfury can do this.

All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333
Emma_Xross at 5:31PM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
Yeah that was a thing before the current version of DD, we had the ability to make extra custom html pages. I think there’s something that I think was supposed to serve the same purpose but I never figured it out? Idk I’m curious what the creator UI is gonna be like, I’m excited either way, this has been a long time coming :3
J_Scarbrough at 6:02PM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
Yeah, you can make subpages, but they're in BB code, and there's only so much you can do with them.

Joseph Scarbrough
Ozoneocean at 6:18PM, April 8, 2024
(online)
Sorry, no HTML or CSS stuff, the net has moved on way too far now and there are two huge issues with that:

1. It's open to easy exploitation of the site that we don['t have time to combat and fix. Kyo has it on ComicFury because he copied it from us. But the thing is he's a really good programmer so he can handle issues that arrise from it himself any time. We don't have that ability- My coding skills are out of date and Alexey is just too busy.

2. Because things have moved on so much the level of skill is way beyond most people. You can't just easily code these days like you used to. So having this ability would exclude most members and many that used it would need help and run into issues messing up their templates…

We DO have a pretty useful CSS editor that can be used to change things. :)

A character page is an interesting idea.

Our sub pages are broken and need fixing. :(
Emma_Xross at 6:29PM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
Yeah I remember this discussion back then too and I honestly agree, something simpler and more accessible would be better so you don’t have to put as much work into site design and can just focus on putting comics out as an creator on the site.

Some kind of controlled extra page features would still be cool though, I’d definitely like a character page myself! Could be as simple as a template page you just add your character image to one box and the name and description to the next, and then like an add character button to add more boxes or something.
Emma_Xross at 6:39PM, April 8, 2024
(offline)
Oh something I wanted to throw out there, I think adding an optional scroll mode for mobile might be cool? I don’t really read a lot of webtoons stuff but a lot of the current crop of newbie comic artists apparently do. Some of my friends who are just starting out have been working in that format as well, so idk having that option might help pull in some new blood if implemented well?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon