Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Drunk Duck Awards 2023
Othosmops at 2:58AM, April 28, 2023
(offline)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
In as much as I would love to participate in this year's awards, I almost feel kind of biased and gross picking out which categories I'd like to see my own comic be nominated for . . . it'd be like voting for myself, which just isn't very ethical. I don't know, I just feel like it should be up to whoever reads my comic, or even the community in general, to decide which categories they think it might could be nominated for - it's all subjective anyway.

On the one hand, I agree with you: I also don't like to tell others which category they should like my comic in. And that's why I don't.
On the other hand, I share Bravo's positive attitude towards this showcase. My heroine Giselle loves glamour. She looks forward to strutting down the red carpet and knocking back the bubbly with all the other shining lights from the community. (And maybe there's more coming after the after-show party?)
But she doesn't really care about the prizes. What should she do with them in this wretched, underground IMMP training center in Kazakhstan? And the trophies are too heavy to take along on a Mars flight anyway.
Niccea at 7:07AM, April 28, 2023
(offline)
You don't have to put in what categories you want to be nominated for on a FYC page, but many people opt to do so. I prefer to think of them like a movie poster.

I have found many new comics to read just by participation in the lead up events alone.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 8:11AM, April 28, 2023
(offline)
I decided to full-edit this comment. As much as I feel it was this crap I needed to get out of my head and out in public so I could get it into perspective, I got sick of reading it after a while. Bottomline. Do FYC because it's fun to do. This ain't YT.
last edited on May 1, 2023 2:16AM
Niccea at 6:49PM, May 10, 2023
(offline)
There is still plenty of time to get your FYC pages in they have been going strong and I have been able to upload one a day from day one.
J_Scarbrough at 7:22PM, May 10, 2023
(offline)
ATM, I still have the red carpet submissions on my to-do list, but they shouldn't be too difficult; I'm just trying to figure out what sort of formalwear I'd like to draw my characters in.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Niccea at 8:42AM, May 18, 2023
(offline)
Personal life has me real busy through the end of this month, so I'm not going to be terribly responsive for a while. There will be a period of time were I will not have access to internet. So, if you haven't submitted an FYC yet and you want to guarantee that it will be released by the end of the month, please get it to me no later than May 26th. I'll make sure to get the Design The Awards contest started up before I go off the grid.
Niccea at 7:09PM, June 7, 2023
(offline)
Voting for the Trophy Design contest is now open. The awards ballot will be open in about 4 days. Get excited people!
Niccea at 5:04AM, June 11, 2023
(offline)
The day is finally here!!! The 2023 Awards ballot is open. Vote Here

Also…I need Presenters and Judges!!! Please consider volunteering. Judges have join our Awards Discord Server

If you want to volunteer, post here, PQ me, or see the channel in Discord.
last edited on June 11, 2023 5:06AM
J_Scarbrough at 9:55PM, June 15, 2023
(offline)
Before I fill out a ballot, I still have another question (yeah, sorry for being such a n00b to all this): I know we just went through the FYC phase, but even so, are there like any “official nominees” for the various and sundry categories, or is it strictly the comics that we individually want to vote for in said categories?

Joseph Scarbrough
Niccea at 8:57AM, June 16, 2023
(offline)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
Before I fill out a ballot, I still have another question (yeah, sorry for being such a n00b to all this): I know we just went through the FYC phase, but even so, are there like any “official nominees” for the various and sundry categories, or is it strictly the comics that we individually want to vote for in said categories?

It is a completely open ballot. FYC is just advertisements. You can vote for any comic you want for any category as long as it isn't your own.
J_Scarbrough at 11:19AM, June 16, 2023
(offline)
Got it, thanks!

Joseph Scarbrough
Niccea at 7:32AM, June 17, 2023
(offline)
The Drunk Duck Awards still needs volunteers (and votes)!

There have been a few ballots submitted so far so it is anyone's game. If my computer will cooperate with me, I plan on making some banners using the winning trophy designs that people can put in their signatures or in their authors notes to direct people to the awards or ballot. If someone beats me to the punch, I won't be upset. (hint hint)

We have many of the usual suspects already volunteer, but we still need more people. We don't want a repeat of 2020 where bravo1102 did half the presentations. Don't be afraid to sign up to judge either. It really isn't as much of a time suck or a stress as you would think.

As of right now I still have 22 presentation slots open. (And that is with a couple of people already saying they will do multiple). If you have time coming up in July/August to make page, please consider volunteering!!!

Judging is a little more complicated, but each judge starts with 3 categories to weigh in on, and they can take on more if they wish. We can take on up to 11 new judges before we can do away with the 3 category per judge minimum.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping the awards in any way.
last edited on June 18, 2023 5:05AM
InkyMoondrop at 8:53AM, June 17, 2023
(offline)
That many slots still open? I guess a DD newsletter would come handy for those that don't necessarily read the forums, blogs. Feel free to sign me up for some judging as well, considering it's more, than a month I should be able to have the time to read relevant works and discuss them.
Niccea at 9:02AM, June 17, 2023
(offline)
InkyMoondrop wrote:
That many slots still open? I guess a DD newsletter would come handy for those that don't necessarily read the forums, blogs.

Try my best. I don't have a short form social media account and anything I put in the Facebook group shows up on my personal fees for all my ‘friends’ to see. Leads to some awkward questions.
InkyMoondrop at 9:07AM, June 17, 2023
(offline)
Niccea wrote:
InkyMoondrop wrote:
That many slots still open? I guess a DD newsletter would come handy for those that don't necessarily read the forums, blogs.

Try my best. I don't have a short form social media account and anything I put in the Facebook group shows up on my personal fees for all my ‘friends’ to see. Leads to some awkward questions.

You can make a new a page for your creator persona and join the group with it. So only the followers of that page would see it in their feed. But I was thinking more generally for DD staff to send out an e-mail newsletter once every 1-3 months about important events and changes on the site people could participate in. It's not the same as getting spammed every day or week and ppl can unsubscribe at any time, but it'd still reach creators and readers who aren't typically active, yet could have the spare time for something like this.
Niccea at 12:39PM, June 17, 2023
(offline)
Banners:

Link to comic:
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Drunk_Duck_Awards_2023

Link to ballot
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScI4j4ccysf2Omdsp5m43H9AqRluVzKEKwHOW5C7VShu4IH_w/viewform?usp=sharing
last edited on June 18, 2023 7:31PM
Niccea at 10:25AM, June 20, 2023
(offline)
The Drunk Duck Awards still needs volunteers (and votes)!

There have been a few ballots submitted so far so it is anyone's game.

As of right now I still have 12 presentation slots open. We can take on up to 10 new judges before we can do away with the 3 category per judge minimum.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping the awards in any way.
last edited on June 21, 2023 4:01AM
Niccea at 2:42PM, July 5, 2023
(offline)
Just a reminder, only a few days left to vote in the Drunk Duck Awards! Ballots close Saturday night.
Niccea at 9:58AM, July 8, 2023
(offline)
Last day to Vote!
Niccea at 4:46AM, July 17, 2023
(offline)
Nominees have been released. I'll be getting volunteers their assignments in about 14 hours. Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering. We can always use a few more.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Drunk_Duck_Awards_2023/5745824/
memo333 at 4:25PM, July 26, 2023
(offline)

I hope to win something some day…

All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333
last edited on July 27, 2023 4:19AM
Niccea at 7:42PM, Aug. 12, 2023
(offline)
Welcome to the second half of the awards volunteering phase. We have about a month left to pull everything all together. I have 10 presentations left, and half of them are categories that the winner is by default. I also have 19 slots left for judging.
Niccea at 6:34PM, Aug. 16, 2023
(offline)
Alright. So I have all presentations assigned. Thanks to everyone that had volunteered so far. I still have a lot of categories that need judging, so it would be nice to get some new blood in our Discord Server. Please consider signing up. Judging is not as in depth as you think it would be.
Niccea at 3:56AM, Sept. 14, 2023
(offline)
The red carpet event is going live on the Awards Webcomic today. It's a lot bigger than last year so there is going to be a slight delay in releasing the presentations.
Tantz_Aerine at 4:22AM, Sept. 15, 2023
(online)
HUZZAH
Niccea at 3:52AM, Oct. 2, 2023
(offline)
Our first batch of winners have been released. Tune in here for the start of the presentations, but you might want to go back a bit to see some of our participants strut their stuff on the red carpet.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon