Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
ttyler at 1:56PM, March 31, 2008
(online)
A list is pretty cool, in that it is simple, yet highly effective. The artist used the same panel technique, often used by people like Timothy Truman, to convey a short amout of passed time, within the same scenario. Very cool.

……………….

Engine, updated agaqin. I think I am addicted to updating. Please help.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=383846
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
PyThomas at 8:55PM, March 31, 2008
(online)
Hey, there's nothing wrong with frequent updating! And the art's pretty awesome there!

Today on Times Like This: ch-ch-ch-ch-chan-ges…

(if it's before midnight, of course, go to timeslikethis.com)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
ttyler at 1:48AM, April 1, 2008
(online)
“Times like this” is a very well drawn , written and executed. (heh…I said executed…) strip that reminds me of the higher league sundays , you'd find in your papers Sunday paper cartoon section. I was not familiar with Mr. Overbecks's strip, but now that I have discovered it, I certainly reccomend it to all you like fun , well done comics!

…………….

Engine has updated with a few key pages to the story. Korsair returns, and Mr. 8 destroys some dirty, out of line warbot!! Who says Videogames are more fun than web comics??

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=384149
simonitro at 6:39AM, April 1, 2008
(offline)
On Engine, it's funny page about reincarnation. The page begins of two laughing at someone called Korsair. He's actually reincarnated into a midget… with armor!

——————————————

And on Billy Learns To Rock, Jack is one creepy person. Tanya is still in trouble, will she ever get out of this mess?

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
amanda at 7:37AM, April 1, 2008
(online)
This is my first introduction to Billy Learns to Rock - today's update WAS pretty creepy, heh. Still, it was an engaging page, and I'm going to plow through the archives. Hurray!
———–
Salt the Holly updates today with a slice of normal. (And now that I can draw slightly better, Jane looks human - also quite pretty, I think.) Also, BetaJess makes her artistic return after a two week hiatus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
SarahN at 3:18PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
@Amanda: Your comic looks interesting….my only recommendation right now is that you try to experiment more with the eyes and expressions. They're a bit flat in the face…especially when the iris of the eyes fill up the entire white part of them like that. Doing that tends to make them look bug-eyed and lacking some life…in my opinion anyway.

Vampire Phantasm: X was updated with a two-page spread.
Jack gets a late dinner. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
crazyninny at 7:21PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
Jack! No! You don't know where its been! Plus, it looks like it reached its experation date!!!
Good use on out of focusing Jack! Really gives a sense of extermly quick movement and action all at once!

____

:: Updates today with Mr. Whisper leaving us. Aaawww! Don't be sad! He'll be back in chapater 3 or 4! ;_;
We also learn 2 important tidbits in this page, one that will be revealed later, and one that everyone knows is going to happen.
And on a last note… Did Becky just alluded to something?

http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Mister Kent at 8:57PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
@ Insert Title: The bottom panel is lovely - look forward to reading more

In case you missed it, Lady Doom added a new page waaaay earlier today, and I haven't gotten to post about it until now. So…post! Lady Doom shows some of her soon-to-be-famous “recklessness”…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Terminal at 10:19PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
@kent: Wow, the perspective on the sword IS amazing. It literally pops out of the page like some sort of optical illusion. That effect must have been hard to do.

Somewhere in SF updates with Transparent Mysteries of the Hospital.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
PIT_FACE at 11:28PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
haha! somewhere in Sf has a pretty awkward page. some guy hits on another guy…wether it was ment to be a joke er not, and another guy's dad wakes up pretty bitter. bitter enough to reject his son. yeah, it's pretty operant i've never read this comic before, but it seems pretty funny just by this and some people have some explaining to do! haha! i wanna see someone get slapped around a bit.

—World without flesh has updated again! the plot thickens as kiddo get's some unsuspected pro-mortis guests falling on his comic book page…he's got no idea what's behind him…hahaha! http://www.drunkduck.com/World_Without_Flesh/

have even updated one extra page since then so feel free to check that out, thoug hi guess ya gotta to see the one before it.heh heh.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
ttyler at 3:49AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
Putrid Meat is a very well done , Horror comic, with great, slimy, nasty, hand colored fiends lurking about. The thing comnig through the door on the newest page is worth a look to any monster fan!! Very well done. (The comic,….not the human who is about to be a steak)

……………………………
Engine has updated today with 2 pages. Frankenstein and the Tombs of the Black Sea Dead was begun yesterday as well.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=384678
ttyler at 5:41AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
I went and reviewed the wrong thing….even though Putrid Meat is very very wrong……if you are a prude who doesn't like slimy ghouls, monsters and madmen…..but who doesn't, right?

World without flesh is for those, who like me, love a good rotten zombie, scratching at your door…..and, again, who doesn't like when THAT happens?
Check it out at

http://www.drunkduck.com/World_Without_Flesh/

Remember…..shoot em in the head. lol
TheMidge28 at 6:30AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
ttyler, you know I love Engine! This comic should soon be in the top ten. It is fantastic! What a reveal you have with today's update! :O man oh man, I didn't think there was an actual person in there! awesome writing and art as usual! :) Mr 8 is quite an interesting character and look forward to finding out more about him.

————————————————————
updated finally today with the second page of chapter 2. We find out who the scream from the last page came from. I really love how this page came out. And nothing is as it seems.

also… don't be fooled by this page, is not turning into a inflationist comic! ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
ttyler at 7:13AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
The Midge28's Bloodhound is one of those comics, that just is awesome to take in. The black and whites, perfectly balanced, with the reds thrown in, make it a must see. I am still reading all the old stuff, since I am pretty new here, but so far, it is great and def a fav.

……………

Frankenstein has been updated today. Check the creature out at

http://www.drunkduck.com/Frankenstein_and_the_Black_Sea_Dead/index.php?p=384721
albone at 7:58AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
I've read Engine before but not Frankenstein and man, is it wicked! A great story reimagined with awesome art AND it just started so its easy to jump in.

Rival Angels updates with Sun taking control! Krystin's down, Sabrina is recovering and where the heck is Brooke?
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
kiandranishan at 8:33AM, April 2, 2008
(offline)
Rival Angels - great page! I really like the first panel where Sun is jumping. She's kicking some booty up there!

3 updates in one day! oh my!

Kenyagi updates. Introductions and vows of protection ensue.

Beyond the Pale updates with Tokala's bodyguard…and her pain tolerance.

Of Snakes and Apples (warning nudity) updates with Adam being a little bit nicer to Eve.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
trevoramueller at 10:22AM, April 2, 2008
(offline)
All three of kiandranishan's comics have terrific artwork, and 2 of them have amazing (and very different) coloring!

###

@$$hole: How old would someone have to be for you to ask them out?

Temple: Everyone seems to be digging the new shading style. This page reveals the Cardinal's plans, and how the swordsman fits into it all!
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
JustNoPoint at 11:02AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
A$$hole was quite humorous. The shirt changing in every panel was a great touch!

Temple has a FANTASTIC new look! It gives everything so much more depth and realism. A definite improvement!

The Devon Legacy is updated with a very important page. I need your feedback to tell me which coloring method I should use for my next issue!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Aurora Borealis at 12:04PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
The Devon Legacy: I'd go for D. Or for something like B but with the shadows black.

Haha, sorry don't know what to say more about that page :D

- - - - - - -
Din Krakatau updates with a page that's not only my fav out of the 14 uploaded so far, but also begins the big “change” in the story.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
amanda at 2:16PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
Din Krakatau: I love the colors in your work - particularly coming to this page from the previous one. Very nice lighting/fire.
Jimeth at 3:49PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
Salt the holly has nice, clean artwork. It's easy to understand what's going on and that's a big plus. Sometimes it feels like there's a lot of wasted space in the panels though… I dunno. Just my thoughts, and I haven't really read enough of the comic yet to form a good opinion.

Epic Adventures updates today after a few guest pages. There's a twist ending!!! Of sorts… >.>
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Ziffy88 at 6:05PM, April 2, 2008
(offline)
It was so obvious now! Awesome Jimeth
A-list updated today
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
Wham! People questioning what to do as a bad situation goes worst
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Fitz at 11:35PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
A-List - Ziffy's multi-tasking ;) And doing a comic in color, for a change. The artwork gets better and better with each page, the current one being really good - as far as both the lineart and the coloring are concerned. And the f/x of the redhead's superpower makes me jealous!

————————————–

A Bit Cheesy updated today:

http://www.drunkduck.com/A_Bit_Cheesy/index.php?p=384950

–bringing you a useful guide of How Not To Write Love Letters Unless You Collect Restraining Orders As A Hobby ;) And pretty colors! This is by far the brightest page since Page 1. Aaand the comic hit 25 pages! :) So we have a milestone!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
ttyler at 1:16AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
A Bit Cheesy is a very well done strip about two mice who, in this particular edition, are telng us men “secrets only the God's know” ….important stuff, like…“Never tell a babe, she is a babe”………oh man!!! Where were those mice a few years ago? The art is very slick and solid, as is the top nootch cooloring. I was not familiar with this one, but will Def check back and give it a read next update!
………………..
Engine has updated with 2 new pages. Mr.8's past is coming back to haunt him, and promise him a good whoopin'! Dr. Kursk and those Monkey feet of his, gives us a short ramble, and the mutants in sludge-pit 13 get a good hosing down……..ahhhh…….good family entertainment at it's best.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=385093
Doctor Shadow at 3:19AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Engine is a comic with a good head of steam already and it's attention to detail in each panel is phenomenal, easily one of my favourite webcomics. I keep on saying this but ttyler should be doing the Exalted 2e comic art for Whitewolf.

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with more of the dialogue between Kalon and Scar, is there a connection between Talon Mane and Fate's Hand?
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
PyThomas at 3:43AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Great texturing… was that done with pencils?

Today on Times Like This: You can feel it, see it, hear it today, if you can't then it doesn't matter anyway…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
DAJB at 6:04AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
If, like the characters in Times Like This, you could go back in time - what would you do? Invest in stocks that were guaranteed to make you a fortune? Murder a future tyrant?

Okay … you've had long enough to think. If you answered “rescue a goldfish”, today's strip is for you!

And, speaking of rescues, over in Shades, Boo still hasn't managed to rescue the Shaman. Her backstory keeps getting in the way!

If you happen to like backstories, though, this one's definitely worth a read. Rape, murder, torture, war, rebellion and death … Backstories don't come much richer than this!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
ttyler at 7:09AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
still know………..what!?? That is the question, lingering in my mind, concerning the last panel of SHADES. DAJB does an incredibly great job with the art and writing on this comic. very well done, and worthy of a featured spot. This strip is continously great. What else can I say? I couuld say………E-MAIL ME A SNEAK PEEK AT THE NEXT PANEL DANGITT!! But would I get it?? Probably not, so I will have to wait with the rest of you.

……………………

I updated Engine one more time today, because I won't be around tomorrow or the weekend to do it.
Thanks for looking!!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Engine/index.php?p=385138
crifmer at 7:20AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Wow. This is the first look I've had at Engine, and the art's fantastic! Just from this one page, I like Korsair already and want to go back later to catch up from the beginning. Although there might just be *too* much detail for me to read it on screen. If it was in color, I think my eyes would take it better… perhaps it'll be easier when I get my new glasses. That's a good thing, by the way, the detail. You can sit and stare at a page for a good twenty minutes before moving on to the next one and see all sorts of stuff. I repeat: the art's fantastic. Can't wait to read it from the beginning.

————————-

Posted begins its final cameo of the Beaufort Marlowe story… who could it be? You'll have to check it out. ;)

http://www.drunkduck.com/posted
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
amanda at 8:13AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Those are some silly ninjas, Chris. I like the font and your map, too!
———
Salt updated today with the most obnoxious panel 3 EVER. Also, we discover what the tickets are actually for - sounds exciting to me.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon