Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
JoeL_CQB at 11:42PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
I've had a migraine headache for two days straight now… Codeine isn't working. Stronger pills are currently easing it just enough to be tolerable. I've spent almost all my time in bed. What a shit weekend :(

i find water to be a cure for most of my problems. :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
seventy2 at 1:09AM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
i've been reading thru old posts, and journals, and the like. and found that i've always been aware of my problem to focus. i'm afraid that if i go to a doctor, that if there is medication for this. that it would change who i am. all my friends have always pointed out my randomness as the best part of my character. if i changed taht. where would i be? who would i be?

man, i hate playing the what if game.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ozoneocean at 6:45AM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
JoeL_CQB
i find water to be a cure for most of my problems. :P
Drink too much water and you'll get a headache that will literally kill you ;)

Anyway, after those last much stronger pills, the headache finally left. Phew! But there really isn't any of my weekend left to do anything. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Senshuu at 7:41AM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
Whiskey in any amount makes my stomach hurt.

But it's good with Irish cream… (or whatever the hell it was I drank)

I don't like alcohol, just sip a bit at parties.
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
LoveandGuns at 3:20PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
My rant for today?

Being stuck in a ditch for several hours, and then paying 150 dollars to be pulled out of it.
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
Scheiden at 5:25PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
Christmas break, and I'm finally drawing the things I want to draw. Like animu, perspective, different body poses and yuri. Still can't update my comics though. I'm still waiting for my mother fucking tablet. I'm not updating but I'm drawing the pages as fast as I could. I have like 20 pages needing some editing right now. Meh I won't sacrifice quality for quantity.

K, I have to go to the doctor nao. Man I miss this site. Two months of whoring over college is tiring as hell.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Skullbie at 8:45PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
Ba humbug.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
seventy2 at 4:53AM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
i started to redo Ninja wedding. i think it's something i needed to do. i have redone the first 4 pages. and later today, i'm going to sit down and turn the story into a book. that way the script is better and more thought out than previous attempts… all one of them.

i spent 12 hours alone. i only took one bathroom break, and i didnt sleep. this kind of work sucks. but it could always be worse. i wish i could have visited drunk duck or something, but no.

and also, what do you do when you hold to an ideal, but then you're given one piece of true information, that changes your side. and not just changes it, but effects (affects?) how you percieve the person or entity that had given you the story. i mean, what else are they lying about?
facara
HyenaHell at 5:38AM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
Two rants:

I'm at my folks' place for the holidays, and forced myself to leave all my drawing stuff at home so I could do the “family thing”. I'm totally regretting it, and might be experiencing withdrawl symptoms. I can't remember the last day I spent without drawing. I guess there's always note tablets and napkins.

Also: Yeah, I'm sure I could drive 80 mph through the mountains, too- if I ignored the demarcation of lanes. If your extended-cab, gas-guzzling truck can't handle the hairpin curves, maybe you should slow the hell down instead of taking your half out of the middle and just about running me off a cliff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Ochitsukanai at 7:05PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
seventy2
and also, what do you do when you hold to an ideal, but then you're given one piece of true information, that changes your side. and not just changes it, but effects (affects?) how you percieve the person or entity that had given you the story. i mean, what else are they lying about?

That happened to me a few months back. But a few days ago, I suddenly remembered this really funny thing that happened to us once and started laughing, and suddenly I just felt the disillusionment leave me. It was surreal.

So, maybe it helps to wait until the feeling fades a little, then remember good things you've shared with that person?

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Croi Dhubh at 9:54PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(offline)
I finally have usable shoes!!!!

However, my back is killing the fuck out of me… My family wants me off work ASAP on Christmas Eve and there's a chance that just is NOT going to happen. Sorry, but in my line of work there is no, “Hey, I know we're busy and it's Christmas Eve, but my family wants to have the day together, so…no matter how many calls for service we get I'm taking off at 3PM!” They need to just fucking deal with it.

On a lighter note…after I'm done with my current project (Game Ranger: Session 3), I'll be remaking the entire Mortal Kombat movie using sprites in Flash. Epic. I know.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
lba at 11:27AM, Dec. 23, 2008
(online)
So yeah, on the happy note, I got my first gallery showing with my own area and things turned out pretty well. ( 1 room out of 3 in the gallery. ). I sold a couple pieces and made enough that I can get through next semester.

On the depressing side, someone with a beef against graffiti and stencils took a wide-tipped marker and wrote “get a job FAG!” all over the most valuable piece in the show and slashed two others with the marker. That one piece took me over 40 hours and 20 different stencils to complete, not counting the time it took me to scrape down the board and prime it properly. It was going to be a gift to my host family in Japan for the holidays because I wanted to send something special and art was all I could afford to give to anyone. I still have the stencils and I can make it again, that part doesn't bother me, but I've got really mixed feelings since it kinda stings that someone hates what I do that much to do it, but at the same time it kind of means that I'm getting to someone and it validates me as gaining some sort of a reputation.

Blech, laptop mouse pad is acting up too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
HyenaHell at 4:39PM, Dec. 23, 2008
(online)
lba
So yeah, on the happy note, I got my first gallery showing with my own area and things turned out pretty well. ( 1 room out of 3 in the gallery. ). I sold a couple pieces and made enough that I can get through next semester.

On the depressing side, someone with a beef against graffiti and stencils took a wide-tipped marker and wrote “get a job FAG!” all over the most valuable piece in the show and slashed two others with the marker.

1. Congrats! That's exciting!

2. Okay, that's pretty major. I'd probably be preparing a lawsuit (okay, an angry mob with torches and pitchforks) if I were in your shoes. Did they ask you for insurance values on any of your work? Most galleries I've shown at have a contract that states they're responsible for (at the very least) the saftey of the work as long as it is exhibited on their property. Usually you can get at least part of the “sale price” back if the work is damaged. Sometimes you have to be able to prove that you do sell work for that price, but if you sold pieces from that gallery, then it shouldn't be a problem.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lba at 4:55PM, Dec. 23, 2008
(online)
The pieces I sold were a couple smaller versions I make for the budget shopper by pasting a small copy of the stencil on a smaller board and they were a fraction of the price so I can't prove much on the price point, but the gallery has a videotape of who did it and they're going to file a police report and they're being nice to me, since they want me to come back, so they offered to give me 1/2 of the price of the painting and whatever other compensation there might be if they take the guy to court.

Sticker & Art Exchange thread is up in Networking.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
seventy2 at 7:21PM, Dec. 23, 2008
(online)
Ochitsukanai
That happened to me a few months back. But a few days ago, I suddenly remembered this really funny thing that happened to us once and started laughing, and suddenly I just felt the disillusionment leave me. It was surreal.

So, maybe it helps to wait until the feeling fades a little, then remember good things you've shared with that person?

this'd be easier if it was a person i could do that with. i wish i could be more specific. but yeah, there's a level of trust they aint getting back.

i worked 12 hours today, and reminded myself why i'm afraid of puppets…i watched some movie called dead silence or something…it's about a ventriloquist dummy that is killing people…

it's not great to be locked inside a giant room, watching that movie, when you're already afraid of puppets….
facara
Ozoneocean at 12:44AM, Dec. 24, 2008
(online)
lba
but the gallery has a videotape of who did it and they're going to file a police report and they're being nice to me, since they want me to come back, so they offered to give me 1/2 of the price of the painting and whatever other compensation there might be if they take the guy to court.
Phew! That's excellent :)
When you said that about your art, I thought you'd left it stacked against a wall outside or something…
————–

My Christmas adventures so far… Some of it.
I got a nice flexible rubber keyboard yesterday… Only to find out it was a piece of crap! Gah!!! …Took it back today and they replaced it with another one, wankers wouldn't just give me back my money, and they overcharged me by 10$ for a mouse I got too. Ah well. Hopefully this one will actually work. Buying computer stuff online is so much cheaper and almost always better quality … when will I learn?

I helped a little tiny baby bird on Monday. A little willy-wagtail. Poor thing had fallen out of the nest and it's parents were protecting it. I saw it in the middle of the pathway as I walked to work. I put it out of the was near a tree… When I came back from work it was still there, so were it's parents, so I went home, made a nest for it and put it in that on top of a high wall where it could be safe. It seems to have done ok after that. ^_^

The other day I ordered a new hat online. The best hat ever to have existed will soon exist… Apparently it will be ready around the 19th of January. Last time I got a hat online it was made of fur and awesome and was the envy of everyone. This one will be even BETTER!
…if all goes to plan.

I paid for it in euros too, lots of euros. I LOVE euros. :)
Croi Dhubh at 9:07AM, Dec. 24, 2008
(offline)
I may end up punching someone today…let's hope for their sake I do not
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
seventy2 at 4:35PM, Dec. 24, 2008
(online)
i'm in the same boat croi. he's my roommate and a doosh and a half.
———

i have 2 beers in me, and 3 glasses of water. it's game on. me and my friends are all going to stumble downtown to our favorite bartender (terrance) and getting trashed, then stumbling back.

“but seventy2 i thought you said you cant drink” you say.

i did say that, but apparently in super fine print there was a clause that exempted christmas eve, and newyears day. only on the fact that if i drink i have to deliver toys to children around the world by tomorrow morning.

wait. only half that is true.
facara
HippieVan at 7:20PM, Dec. 24, 2008
(online)
I usually have a frown sort of stuck on my face. That's just the way I've been ever since I was born. But today a lot of good things happened…including a good friend giving me a nice harmonica because of a remark I made about wishing I was musical and liking the harmonica. I came home and found it in my mailbox, without wrapping or a tag or anything. Later on he sent me a text saying to check my mailbox. Turned out he had come over assuming I'd be there, and just put it in the mailbox when I wasn't.
So now I'm all smiley and it's hurting my face a little bit.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 11:16PM, Dec. 24, 2008
(online)
hehehhehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehe….
guess how wasted i am. somebody punched out a window. everyone's mad because someone punched out a window…..when drunk it's hard to see. i got a letter from my wife saying she got stuck on a hill, and a phone number to call. i lvoe he rr soo much…the room keeps shiftnig, and my roomatest here mad that he didnt go along, no one wanted him there…hahahahha

i miss my wife….hahahahhahaiiii'''m so drunk….hahahahahhahahahahah.
facara
Sea_Cow at 11:53PM, Dec. 24, 2008
(offline)
I had one of those days where you get pissed off at enough people enough times that you start thinking about the ignorance and selfishness in human nature and you go watch clips of people dying horribly and listening to heavy metal, going to bed shaking with something that feels like you're going crazy. After that, I woke up and drank some eggnog. That made me feel better.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Ozoneocean at 12:06AM, Dec. 25, 2008
(online)
I ate too much…

Then I went to the loo…

Now I'm eating too much AGAIN.
I love Christmas ^___^
skoolmunkee at 5:54AM, Dec. 25, 2008
(offline)
seventy2
hehehhehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehe….
guess how wasted i am. somebody punched out a window. everyone's mad because someone punched out a window…..when drunk it's hard to see. i got a letter from my wife saying she got stuck on a hill, and a phone number to call. i lvoe he rr soo much…the room keeps shiftnig, and my roomatest here mad that he didnt go along, no one wanted him there…hahahahha

i miss my wife….hahahahhahaiiii'''m so drunk….hahahahahhahahahahah.

Welcome to another exciting installment of seventy2's livejournal, formerly known as the Rant or Vent here thread.

(Do you really have to post something here every time you get drunk, work out, and/or miss your wife? Because you've been doing that a lot the last couple of months.)

There's no thursday feature because it's my holiday and I don't want to spend it on the computer reading comics, suckerrrrrs
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Skullbie at 11:42AM, Dec. 25, 2008
(online)
Skoolmunkee
Welcome to another exciting installment of seventy2's livejournal, formerly known as the Rant or Vent here thread.
That's wasn't very nice skool, it's healing to post your troubles here and he's not intruding on anybody purposely.

A feature would have been a good christmas present to someone.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
crocty at 1:51PM, Dec. 25, 2008
(offline)
Aww, I was rather hoping there would be people here complaining about how they're so lonely…

):
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
skoolmunkee at 2:07PM, Dec. 25, 2008
(offline)
I just think the thread is worth a little more than an announcement board for when someone's so drunk they can hardly type, I feel like that kind of thing cheapens the forums. You're right though, I was mean in what I said and unfair to seventy2 who just uses the thread the same way a lot of other posters do. I'd edit it so he doesn't have to read it but you quoted me so I should own up. seventy2, I'm sorry I made bitchy comments and didn't think enough about what I was typing. Could we please keep drunken posting to a minimum? :) (Despite the site's name, shouldn't you have more fun things to do when that wasted anyway?)

I don't have anything against rants, vents, or troubles, but there's been a lot of unrelated stuff sneaking into this thread lately (like ozone's hats and sub's bar hookups T_T). Maybe it's getting too long. A new thread for a new year? ‘This is the update on my life’ thread? That's pretty much what it seems to have turned into, although originally it was meant as a way for people to vent some frustration it's more of an ‘I gotta share this with someone and the internet is always listening’ place now. :)

Being a feature probably would have been a nice Christmas present, but when there's only 2 people to do it, we should get some time off too! Traffic dies over the holidays anyway so it wouldn't be much of a boost for whoever would have been featured.

crocty
Aww, I was rather hoping there would be people here complaining about how they're so lonely…
I'm not lonely, I have my dog… I'll be your friend if you want to be friends with a mean witch.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
notlikelytocare at 3:13PM, Dec. 25, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
I just think the thread is worth a little more than an announcement board for when someone's so drunk they can hardly type, I feel like that kind of thing cheapens the forums. You're right though, I was mean in what I said and unfair to seventy2 who just uses the thread the same way a lot of other posters do. I'd edit it so he doesn't have to read it but you quoted me so I should own up. seventy2, I'm sorry I made bitchy comments and didn't think enough about what I was typing. Could we please keep drunken posting to a minimum? :) (Despite the site's name, shouldn't you have more fun things to do when that wasted anyway?)

I don't have anything against rants, vents, or troubles, but there's been a lot of unrelated stuff sneaking into this thread lately (like ozone's hats and sub's bar hookups T_T). Maybe it's getting too long. A new thread for a new year? ‘This is the update on my life’ thread? That's pretty much what it seems to have turned into, although originally it was meant as a way for people to vent some frustration it's more of an ‘I gotta share this with someone and the internet is always listening’ place now. :)

Being a feature probably would have been a nice Christmas present, but when there's only 2 people to do it, we should get some time off too! Traffic dies over the holidays anyway so it wouldn't be much of a boost for whoever would have been featured.

crocty
I'm not lonely, I have my dog… I'll be your friend if you want to be friends with a mean witch.

Meh, I agreed with your first post.

Also: Features are something to be earned, not be handed out as a gift. Anyone wanting a feature should probably worry more about keeping a decent update schedule, gripping story, great art, etc. A feature may boost your views temporarily, but it doesn't mean you will get long standing fans. you have to be able to impress, and keep people impressed. People are finicky, and tend to stop reading if things slow down too much.
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
JoeL_CQB at 3:34PM, Dec. 25, 2008
(online)
what is up with people posting on forums drunk? not specifically here but in general.

it makes it seem like they're getting drunk by themselves…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
HippieVan at 3:51PM, Dec. 25, 2008
(online)
I think I spend too much time in stoner/hippie stores. I discovered today that I can recognize the products(not just bongs, thank you very much) of separate stoner stores by their smell. I actually did that in front of my mom, which was kind of embarassing. I was like *sniff* oh, you got me this from Kustom Kulture! The store with the giant wall of bongs! I mean…not that I go there a lot…
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
notlikelytocare at 6:49PM, Dec. 25, 2008
(online)
My gripe: Why do people insist on lighting fireworks on Christmas? I was just sitting here in my house minding my own, when all of a sudden a LOUD bang sounded outside… Instantly, my PTSD got the best of me, and I started freaking out, and checking myself for bleeding. When I finally realized what was going on, I looked outside to find about 15 drunk guys lighting fireworks next door.

This as been going on for about 30 minutes now, and I'm slowly going mad. Its kind of pathetic I know, but I cant even enjoy fireworks anymore. To hell with Christmas, Iraq, the Army, and my neighbors.

Now I'm sitting here, listening to the Beatles, and trying to calm down, and its not working. :[
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon