The Drunk Duck Fashion Forum

April 2015 Thread Trends: FASHION OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS: An Earth Day Gala
kawaiidaigakusei at 11:38PM, April 5, 2015
(online)
We now interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you…

Above (L to R): Leona by kawaiidaigakusei, Rick Devon by JustNoPoint, Princess January by VinoMas. All dressed in original VinoMas designs.
Art by VinoMas.

Hello, hello, this is KD and this is a Live broadcast directly from the Drunk Duck Fashion Show catwalk.

It is finally the month of April, which means we have a brand new theme and a whole new line up and by the looks of the designs on the catwalk, it appears to be some type of Mother Earth pageant. Wait. I think I see Princess January over there.

Hello Princess January, what do you know about the Fashion theme for this month?

(Princess January rips the microphone away from KD's hands.)

The one and only, her youthful majesty, Princess January. Art by VinoMas.

PJ: Ah, that's better. Well, word around Daweirdhaddy has been that the fashion theme for this month is “Fashion of Earthly Delights: An Earth Day Gala”. Now I don't make this stuff up, but I'll just say my sources are very credible.

KD: What does an Earth Day theme imply? Kale, canvas bags, quinoa, granola, recycling bottles, “Save the Earth” signs?

PJ: Oh hun, that's adorbs. Have you ever heard about Adam and Eve? Well they were the original designers because they had to get really creative as there is only so much you can do with mud, sticks and a few rocks.

An option for Earth Day is that you need to create outfits that come naturally from the earth and you could even use animal products, but 100% Vegan and Vegetarian clothing submissions are most welcome.

KD: Thank you, esteemed Princess January. Please say hello to your creator Vinomas, the friendliest Vampire in the world when you get the chance.

PJ: I do say, speak of the Dev, he is right over there with an announcement!

A rare photograph of VinoMas, aka the friendliest Vampire in the World. (Used with permission from VinoMas)

VM: VinoMas here, aka the friendliest Vampire in the world. Just a friendly reminder regarding appropriate under garments for the paper dolls posted in the forums: I would say nude is fine but not preferred. Must be “doll” form. Sexy bodies in swimsuits and lingerie but for Godsakes PROTECT THE CHILDREN!

And be sure to check out Confessions of a Paper Doll!!

Well, there you have it, folks! The brand new Fashion Show theme for April will be: “Fashion of Earthly Delights” so bring your A-Game, whip out your favourite organic paper, inks, and drawing supplies and head on over to the Fashion Forums.

Options for Consideration to Inspire Creativity

1. First and for most, it is up to YOU to determine what constitutes the “Earth Day” theme whether it is 100% Organic or a polluted waste dump. The sky (and beyond) is the LIMIT! Fashion has no boundaries.
2. Clothes can be made of natural materials
3. Think about creating an overall theme of how the outfit contributes to Saving our Planet
4. Themed Months (such as this one) are not considered a contest and creations will not be judged against, so design without hesitation.
5. The last day to post couture designs for Earth Day Fashion is April 30th (but if you miss the deadline, you can still post it after).
6. Remember: The most important thing to remember for themed fashion months is that YOU make the rules!

Additional Themes Suggestions for April
April Showers: Rain and Spring Weather
Baby Chicks and Eggs
Rabbits
Garden of Good and Evil
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on April 5, 2015 11:40PM
HippieVan at 5:38PM, April 6, 2015
(online)
I'm slightly confused as I thought the themed months were the contests. What will the contests look like, then?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
VinoMas at 9:36PM, April 6, 2015
(offline)
@kawaiidaigakusei - Great article! ;)
@hippievan - There are no contests currently in DRUNK DUCK FASHION : A STYLE FORUM. So far we have had March Madness 2015 : A Fashion Show Free-For-All (participants created paper dolls, runway looks, catwalks, historical themes and mischief). We are now entering the second month of DRUNK DUCK FASHION. This theme is called FASHION OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS : An Earth Day Gala (we are asking participants to step inside a box and design with a theme in mind). I see Spring and Summer as a good time for possible contest and pageant ideas! Suggest away!
last edited on April 6, 2015 9:37PM
Peipei at 9:27AM, April 7, 2015
(offline)
This is awesome! I have so many ideas but so little time, i'll be contributing to this sometime during the week! :D

Dragonaur at 2:31PM, April 15, 2015
(offline)
I dunno, this month's theme seems especially difficult for a literal minded fellow like myself. So I just ran with the “grass skirt” motif. Here's Luccia's “Mama-Elba” going the natural route! So far, Mama-Elba is my favorite with kawaiidaigakusei's “Leona” a close second. ^_^;
last edited on April 15, 2015 2:33PM
HippieVan at 10:13PM, April 15, 2015
(online)

I took a quick break from studying to whip up this PrairieGirl outfit for Dee!

Here in the prairies, spring has always been dominated by gentle yellow,greens and blues. If you venture far enough away from the masses of people who havesettled here youll still see the native tall grass and the bulrushes, pinprickedby masses of the tiniest blue flowers bursting through. Look a little closerand everything comes alive butterflies, berries, hardy little crocuses. Overtime, of course, these wild and familiar colours have been replaced by themanufactured rainbows of uniform laws and well-kept gardens. And outside of thecity, natures mad collage has been transformed into fields of wheat andcornflower punctuated by orderly rows of trees.

In the vein of Earth Day, Dees outfit is inspired by thepeople and organization who have made efforts to preserve the spirit of theprairies within the boundaries of the city. In particular, the background inthis picture is Winnipegs Living Prairie Museum, a bit of land that someonehad the good foresight to set aside as a nature preserve several decades ago.My neighbours even have their very own postage-stamp-sized version, as theyvegotten a permit to grow tall grass in their yard, which is very cool I think!

Unfortunately I couldn't get her outfit to capture the grassiness I wanted without going full-on grass skirt. :/

last edited on April 15, 2015 10:14PM
VinoMas at 3:16PM, April 16, 2015
(offline)
These are AWESOME!!! As a bonus your catwalks will be featured in Confessions of a Paper Doll Episode 1 : The Mar“i”y Sue Effect“! These fashions will be at the Drunk Duck April Fashion Show! Yep, Confessions is a ”reality" webcomic!!!
Amazing works guys. I'm overwhelmed!
Luccia at 10:55PM, April 16, 2015
(offline)
@Dragonaur: I love it! I especially love the wrap around shorts. She's like nymph Elba. I also just can't get over the way you draw legs, they always look amazing!
@HippieVan: It's cute! I love that the top part looks like crochet flowers.
HippieVan at 1:53PM, April 17, 2015
(online)
Luccia wrote:
@HippieVan: It's cute! I love that the top part looks like crochet flowers.
Yay, that's exactly what I was going for!
Dragonaur at 9:48PM, April 17, 2015
(offline)
Luccia wrote:
@Dragonaur: I love it! I especially love the wrap around shorts. She's like nymph Elba. I also just can't get over the way you draw legs, they always look amazing!
Ah! I'm glad you approve. I couldn't bring myself to put her in a grass skirt. As for her legs, I might have gone a bit overboard on her calfs. Sometimes I feel each sketch is like I'm drawing for the first time. ^_^;
VinoMas: Thanks! This month's theme is a challenge.
HippieVan: That's a very sensible design. Tho' I hope that dress isn't made of acrylic! :-)
HippieVan at 5:47PM, April 18, 2015
(online)
Dragonaur wrote:
HippieVan: That's a very sensible design. Tho' I hope that dress isn't made of acrylic! :-)
I can assure you that it's made from a sustainably harvested and manufactured hemp cloth, with all natural dyes! :P
Dragonaur at 10:26PM, April 19, 2015
(offline)
HippieVan wrote:
Dragonaur wrote:
I can assure you that it's made from a sustainably harvested and manufactured hemp cloth, with all natural dyes! :P
So green!
cresc at 7:58PM, April 21, 2015
(offline)
Didn't follow the theme, but here is Sally Dean from JustNoPoint's “The Devon Legacy”. Wearing an updated version of Angela Cartwright's costume from Lost in Space.
last edited on April 22, 2015 8:54AM
HippieVan at 8:28PM, April 21, 2015
(online)
Your image isn't working, cresc! I tried to fix the link but I think it might be set to private, as I can't access it. Your best bet is probably to upload it to something like photobucket. :)
Dragonaur at 11:45PM, April 22, 2015
(offline)
cresc wrote:

Didn't follow the theme, but here is Sally Dean from JustNoPoint's “The Devon Legacy”. Wearing an updated version of Angela Cartwright's costume from Lost in Space.

Looks good! Perhaps the dress is also made of hemp and so it's following the theme? ^_^
Ozoneocean at 6:09AM, April 23, 2015
(online)

Earth Day Eve - It's the famous Pinky TA in a minimal bikini made from all natural, fully biodigradable products. And glue.
Spare a thought for the many hours of painful waxing and devestating genital deforrestation it took to achive this look. Fashion is pain. :(
JustNoPoint at 10:51AM, April 23, 2015
(online)
Cresc: Thank you so much! I love it! I'll get to add something new to my fan art section!
Here is Ironscarf's gal decked out for Earth Day!

For the walkway version look here
Catwalk
VinoMas at 2:35PM, April 24, 2015
(offline)
#travmoworldmodelz are participating in the Fashion of Earthly Delights : An Earth Day Gala by wearing fashions inspired by weather. Saundra is wearing “Sunny” and representing an untraditional summery hippie gown. The idea is that the rays of sun shows light in a variety of colors and that sunspots can often create detailed shades of darkness. See more of Saundra in Confessions of a Paper Doll by VinoMas!
last edited on April 24, 2015 2:44PM
Ironscarf at 7:20PM, April 24, 2015
(offline)
JustNoPoint wrote:
Here is Ironscarf's gal decked out for Earth Day!

Earthy but stylish - I love that JNP!
Dragonaur at 10:38AM, April 27, 2015
(offline)
VinoMas wrote:
#travmoworldmodelz are participating in the Fashion of Earthly Delights : An Earth Day Gala by wearing fashions inspired by weather. Saundra is wearing “Sunny” and representing an untraditional summery hippie gown. The idea is that the rays of sun shows light in a variety of colors and that sunspots can often create detailed shades of darkness. See more of Saundra in Confessions of a Paper Doll by VinoMas!
She looks like she gives “Cher” serious costume competition!
KimLuster at 6:35AM, May 1, 2015
(online)
All these entries are great! And I'm really kicking myself that I never made an entry for Mother Earth…! But this month was crazy - I promise I'll try harder for the historical entries!
VinoMas at 10:08PM, May 1, 2015
(offline)
We encourage you compete in the May contest but feel free to post for April. I'm still going to.
ghostrunner at 1:31AM, May 5, 2015
(online)
an excdellent use of air freshiners, oz :D
ozoneocean wrote:

Earth Day Eve - It's the famous Pinky TA in a minimal bikini made from all natural, fully biodigradable products. And glue.
Spare a thought for the many hours of painful waxing and devestating genital deforrestation it took to achive this look. Fashion is pain. :(
One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop.- g weilacher
Ozoneocean at 2:43AM, May 6, 2015
(online)
Keeps her feminine and fresh!
ghostrunner at 2:08AM, May 8, 2015
(online)
a late entry, quasi-violent snow fairy skaters in gritty urban setting :D
One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop.- g weilacher
last edited on May 8, 2015 10:03AM
HippieVan at 10:03AM, May 8, 2015
(online)
@ghostrunner: Fixed your image! You have to remove all the random letters after “.png”
VinoMas at 5:47PM, May 8, 2015
(offline)
Ghostrunner - Better late than never. Your weather theme is an Earthly Delight! Dragonaur - Thanks! You will find that Cher looks are a common thread in my designs. Her designer Bob Mackie is a legend of sparkly and exotic evening gowns!
cresc at 10:56PM, May 8, 2015
(offline)

Remini takes the Earthly delight theme to heart, by strategically altering a dress she planned to throw out anyway.
ghostrunner at 11:07PM, May 8, 2015
(online)
HippieVan wrote:
@ghostrunner: Fixed your image! You have to remove all the random letters after “.png”
thank you :)
hannamarin at 3:57AM, Sept. 21, 2016
(online)
I have heard about this day! http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/essay-on-earth-day even proposes an essay on such a theme!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon