HA Characters

HEROES: Pride High/Karabear (Split, Protean, Dragrant, Merry Maiden, Just Plum Awesome, Tempore)
shastab24 at 6:12PM, Sept. 23, 2009
(online)
I have a stable of characters, but know that you only need one. The problem is whittling it down. Since my only comic at the moment is an attempt at slice of life humor and pitiful, I know I can't direct you there. There are characters I posted on Heroes Unite, but out of them, Split is really a character for the Pride High message boards and Tempore is not actually a hero.

I could probably make a new character, but it might feel forced. I love my characters as they are. Therefore, I'll post a few in their original form and see what's what. Should they be interesting, maybe I could either tweak them to be duplicates in this reality or find a way to explain their being here:

Split (She was put on the HU boards, but this is her original character)

Protean (Split's boyfriend)

These following are not in high school and therefore probably better suited:
Dragrant (Protean's brother)

Merry Maiden (no picture or bio) blond cheerleader, girlfriend of Dragrant. Flight, strength, speed, invulnerability

Just Plum Awesome (no picture or bio) frat boy personality granted cosmic powers that emit a purple hue. Since he considers purple to be a “gay color”, calls it “plum” instead

Tempore. Tasked, and only concerned with, being and agent of order as opposed to chaos. Can travel between realities and wields cosmic power, but he can be an ally one day or a foe the next, depending on the circumstances.

I'm sorry about the length. I make lists as a hobby, and actually held back on characters. I love all of mine so much (but out of the ones in activity, I like Split the most). Feel free to skip over my post as overeager if you wish.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 11:52PM
Abt_Nihil at 1:50PM, Sept. 28, 2009
(offline)
shastab24: I put your characters on the list, but I need a little bit more info, since I'm not quite sure of the context in which they were created. How much of a history do they have, apart from their bios?
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 11:53PM
shastab24 at 2:42PM, Sept. 28, 2009
(online)
Split and Protean are my primary characters on the Pride High boards. They have been going through their freshman year of high school and recently started dating. Dragrant, Merry Maiden and Just Plum Awesome are tertiary characters who were last heard of when they were recruited as soldiers in a war between two alien races, the Klaakith and Wistils.

Tempore is a different entity entirely. I am in the process of putting together a comic with him, but he is currently just monitoring his realities, as he is one of countless denizens of order that have dominion over a multiverse each.

Obviously, Split and Protean were created for the Pride High universe. Dragrant, Merry Maiden and Just Plum Awesome are extensions, but they don't really have much tied into that reality that would make them not be able to have adventures outside of it. Before the Klaakith-Wistil war, I really didn't show any of them in action, so anything could have happened before.

Tempore, meanwhile, is a cosmic central figure for my upcoming comic universe. However, the lack of adventures so far leave a lot that can happen.

Upcoming for each of them: Split, Protean and Dragrant are in a comic script of mine that I'm trying to get drawn (and am failing, because I can't pay). Things change drastically afterward for them, so I would understand if anything would happen as something before it. Also, Split and Protean can't have much time pass, as they are still students at a high school. Merry Maiden may not survive the Klaakith-Wistil war (which I'm contemplating trying as a comic instead of an RP on the Pride High boards). Just Plum Awesome will just go back into the ether, as I have no further plans for him at this moment (he's still coming into his own as a character, and I currently don't know exactly what to do with him). Tempore is going to have an introductory story, one that introduces his worldview, pits him against an agent of chaos and sets in motion the beginnings of my superhero universe, which would actually begin in a comic drawn by somebody else.

Am I confusing? I hope not. I'd link to the Pride High characters' stories, but one would need to be members of the Pride High message boards to read them.
last edited on Feb. 12, 2014 12:04AM
Abt_Nihil at 3:17AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(offline)
Okay, to sum it up: The Pride High characters appeared in prose stories on a message board (and you wrote them all yourself?), and the other characters are part of a comic universe you're planning, is that right?

At this point I think there are two ways we can go about using your characters: Either one of our writers finds they could be used in a story they'd be interested in writing/pitching, or you'll come up with ideas on how to integrate them into what we're planning already.
shastab24 at 11:29AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
Yeah, that's what I should have said. It's nice and concise.

So I could think of something to bring the characters into this. I would have a feeling Pride High operates out of a different realitiy, so everything would be reality jumps or counterparts. I could try and bang together a good explanation, and would love to see if others are willing to try, as well.
Abt_Nihil at 3:02AM, Sept. 30, 2009
(offline)
shastab24
Haha…I need to get everything down to that concise level just in order to be able to deal with the huge amount of info that goes into a project like this :D

shastab24
So I could think of something to bring the characters into this. I would have a feeling Pride High operates out of a different realitiy, so everything would be reality jumps or counterparts. I could try and bang together a good explanation, and would love to see if others are willing to try, as well.
I should mention that personally I'm not a big fan of introducing different realities. I know it's pretty common in superhero comics. I would just like to make sure these would make good stories and not just easy excuses for having different continuities exist side by side. SympleSymon actually proposed to have HA exist in a different universe than HU, and I turned that down pretty early. I think it's much more exciting to have all characters exist in the same universe.

That said, exceptions can be made, but they must be able to get me excited about using different realities. :D

If your personal reason for introducing different realities is that you'd like to keep Pride High separate from HA continuity-wise, that's fine with me. It just doesn't mean that on HA we'd have to insist on the different realities thing.
LuchaCoffee at 7:10PM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
I agree with the keeping the characters within the same reality thing, it gives the universe of HA more cohesion since characters know about other characters and in some cases, the villains that they would be fighting.

Abt_Nihil
shastab24
Haha…I need to get everything down to that concise level just in order to be able to deal with the huge amount of info that goes into a project like this :D

shastab24
I should mention that personally I'm not a big fan of introducing different realities. I know it's pretty common in superhero comics. I would just like to make sure these would make good stories and not just easy excuses for having different continuities exist side by side. SympleSymon actually proposed to have HA exist in a different universe than HU, and I turned that down pretty early. I think it's much more exciting to have all characters exist in the same universe.

That said, exceptions can be made, but they must be able to get me excited about using different realities. :D

If your personal reason for introducing different realities is that you'd like to keep Pride High separate from HA continuity-wise, that's fine with me. It just doesn't mean that on HA we'd have to insist on the different realities thing.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

shastab24 at 2:03PM, Oct. 1, 2009
(online)
My reasoning is that Pride High isn't mine, but the characters I mention are. I'm attached to them and would love to see them elsewhere. But, I could come up with versions that exist in this universe. Or I could try asking Tommy Roddy (the Pride High creator) what universe his characters do inhabit. They do share with at least one other team, as The Legends are a part of the universe, so he has been known to cross over with web-based heroes.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon