HA Characters

VILLAIN: The Floccinaucinihilipilification
shastab24 at 1:10PM, Oct. 8, 2010
(online)
Villains are interesting to create. Though I don't have much for him yet, here is another (and a proper villain from me this time):

The Floccinaucinihilipilification (sometimes shortened to The F-Man)
This is a character I've been kicking around in my head for a while. He is a psychic, but uses a specialized form that will lower another's self-esteem. If he tells a cop, for instance, “You can't aim worth crap,” the cop will believe this to be so and therefore be unable to aim his weapon at The F-Man. The limiations to this ability: The F-Man must vocalize what he wants to put across, and he needs to know the subject is there (no situation of “Any snipers hidden in the area can't aim”).
I've been toying with writing a script which introduces Sparkle and Astral to Heroes Alliance which involves him as a villain–but I'm still figuring who would be able to beat him (certainly not my characters).

I just needed to create a character that used that name. It was calling to me, I guess.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 2:39AM
Abt_Nihil at 3:56PM, Oct. 9, 2010
(offline)
I'm never going to be able to say his name without stuttering.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 2:40AM
shastab24 at 7:28PM, Oct. 9, 2010
(online)
Of course, that's the wonders of the shortened version.

But I love that word, because unlike many long words, we experience stuff like that all the time. Plus, it's fun to say, but I've yet to put it into normal conversation. Same with the word estivate, as well.

Fear the ones who majored in English! We will mangle your brain with our mastery of the corners of the language.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 2:41AM
Sebastian_Sandberg at 5:54AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)
shastab24
Villains are interesting to create. Though I don't have much for him yet, here is another (and a proper villain from me this time):

This is a character I've been kicking around in my head for a while. He is a psychic, but uses a specialized form that will lower another's self-esteem. If he tells a cop, for instance, “You can't aim worth crap,” the cop will believe this to be so and therefore be unable to aim his weapon at The F-Man. The limiations to this ability: The F-Man must vocalize what he wants to put across, and he needs to know the subject is there (no situation of “Any snipers hidden in the area can't aim”).
I've been toying with writing a script which introduces Sparkle and Astral to Heroes Alliance which involves him as a villain–but I'm still figuring who would be able to beat him (certainly not my characters).

I just needed to create a character that used that name. It was calling to me, I guess.

You know, I've been more or less shut off from HA writing for a while by my peers taking som great initiative, but this sounds like a fun story that has peaked my interest. ^^
SympleSymon at 11:21AM, Nov. 26, 2010
(online)
shastab24

Two things here:

1 - I've been doing a lot of research into the psychic world for my novel, and I believe this F-Man guy could be classed as a Psychic Vampire. Yes, there really are such people :P They basically suck all self-esteem, confidence and positive energy out of their targets, either unintentionally or on purpose (like he would be doing).

2 - As for who could beat him. Seeing as how the basis of my Psychosis Wave season 1 finale is that the HA don't get affected by the subliminal messages thanks to their communicator frequencies (apart from ONE particular member who shall remain nameless. Gotta have SOME suspense, lol), maybe they could effectively face this F-Man character without adverse effects in their psyches for the same reason…?

Dave

PS: Is it just me, or is this thread breaking the page? I have to scroll across for miles to read posts all the way across, lol!
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon