Networking & Community Projects*

Writer/Colorer Team Looking For Line Artist for New Superhero Comic
Niccea at 6:21AM, Oct. 19, 2011
(offline)
Did I get you in here? Good.

My husband and I are working on a comic together, but we agree that even though we have a story and I'm good at color, neither of us lack the skills to draw it.

I will post more about the comic as my husband tells me, but so far.
The story take place in modern Chicago. The main character is called Ice Pick (ice powers). He is not a tights wearing hero. He wishes not get involved in other's affairs, but will step in when needed. (A sort of anti-hero).

My husband has some crudely drawn story boards and plans thus far for 3 chapters. (I'll be getting up some concept arts and the storyboards later.) It might take a while to get what is needed off the ground because we are both busy bees at work.

What we would need from you: Just line art. I will add in speech bubbles and colors, so you don't need to make room for them.

Of course, I need to tell you that this is a labor of love. The only compensation you will get from this is mention on the comic.

My coloring portfolio
last edited on Oct. 22, 2011 6:58PM
G_Melichar at 11:53PM, Oct. 19, 2011
(online)
I'm kinda interested. Could you send me a piece of the script?
Niccea at 6:54PM, Oct. 22, 2011
(offline)
Pardon for not PQing (most people aren't checking them), but I wanted to use more for this now that my husband is sitting beside me…

I don't have a scripting for a page of the comic with me right now but I do have a small intro paragraph and our cover concept.

The human race has split in two; the original Homo sapiens
and a race that have gained what are referred to as Powers. Contrary to popular
belief, the majority of Powers stay out of the headlines yet keep others in
check. So far public opinion has been good, but with new Powers showing up all
over the world, it is only a matter of time before this changes

(pardon if it sounds corny at the moment)

We would like anyone interested in this to send a reconcept of the cover in your style. You can make the frozen guy look however you want our main concern is how the protagonist turns out. He is wearing an Icarus shirt under his jacket. We would like it to look like only his fingers are touching the wall with thumb facing up.
last edited on Oct. 22, 2011 7:02PM
Niccea at 7:33PM, Oct. 30, 2011
(offline)
Thanks Tom.
We are trying to find someone that can commit to this for the long term.
pokketmonstahhuntah at 3:14PM, Oct. 31, 2011
(online)
What will your update schedule be like?
I ‘might’ be able to do it, but I can't guarantee I'll have a constant flow of time.
Also, does it matter if it's hand-drawn or computer drawn?
Man,
I would kill for some Okonomiyaki right now!
Deviant-art
Niccea at 8:27PM, Oct. 31, 2011
(offline)
Hubby prefers hand drawn but it can be touched up. Looking at once a week with a five page buffer.

And I finally have the first page's script if anyone is up to showing their stuff. On something more evolved than the concept art. (Hubby's concept of the page is forthcoming).

Page 1

Panel 1: Ice pick lighting up a cigarette from a side
profile. Hair: spiked in the front. Facial hair: chin beard rounded. Hands
cupping lighter.

Panel 1 Takes up the upper left corner of larger panel two.

Panel 2: Ice Pick sitting causually on couch. Foot propped up
on beer bottle laden coffee table (tv remote is also there). Sports poster
hanging above couch. Dress: casual, t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

Panel 3: TV screen in center on cheap looking entertainment
stand.TV is on an a live news feed with reporter woman shouting into the
camera. Back of IPs head in foreground. Foot on coffee table is also seen. Clock is on the wall to the left of the TV, 5
oclock and chiming.

Panel 4: IP is standing staring at the TV. Going to get his
leather jacket. Taller panel to make room for narrative on the top. (height is
2/3 of page).

Panel 5: IP is getting on his jacket on. Narration on top. (Panel is same size as 4)

Panels 6 8 are vertically aligned on the right side of
page.

Panel 6: IPs head is turned away smoke curling still from
his cigarette.

Panel 7: IPs head is snapping around, cig is dangling from
lower lip.

Panel 8: Cigarette is smoldering in an ash tray on coffee
table with frost on filter.
last edited on Oct. 31, 2011 8:28PM
Niccea at 6:43PM, Nov. 22, 2011
(offline)
Still looking
RPGgrenade at 6:24AM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
trying this out could be great, i think i could keep up with the schedule if it's only drawing a page once a week with a buffer (I have a 100 page buffer for my own comic), but i don't think my style really suits for super hero comics. also i can't really ink anything without the computer. i'll try giving it a shot sometime (the cover page) to see.I drew this in less than an hour , I really wanted to just do it right away, I don't know anything about inking by hand because i think if i tried i'd mess up the drawing altogether, so here is what i did, I didn't draw IP with much muscle or anything, because he just didn't strike me as the type to be super buff, but he can be if you want me to make him like that, lol. i also wasn't sure what to put on the shirt… you said an icarus shirt, but i thought it was a led zeppelin one and i couldn' decide.

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
last edited on Nov. 24, 2011 11:29AM
Niccea at 7:25PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(offline)
Looking into a page every 7-10 days for a release schedule with a 4 to 5 page buffer. Right now 6 x 20 page chapters.

Also Icarus was one of Led Zepplin's album covers.

last edited on Nov. 24, 2011 7:35PM
RPGgrenade at 8:04PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
oh, no wonder. Well whatever, yes that schedule of once of week giving in a page sounds fairly easy unless the page is full of major detail, since what really slows down my comic making is the coloring.
making the 5-6 page buffer will take some time of course if i'm chosen as an artist, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
my only problem would be if you want me to ink it or not… if i have to ink it it may not come out looking very good but i can try anyway.
the image i sent can be much whiter if that's what you want, i still only have trouble with the inking

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
Niccea at 8:38PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(offline)
I inked it myself or rather a portion of it. I changed some of the features just a bit. Reshaped the eyes, broadened the chin, and thinned the hair.

RPGgrenade at 3:29AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
I inked it myself or rather a portion of it. I changed some of the features just a bit. Reshaped the eyes, broadened the chin, and thinned the hair.

That looks pretty awesome. but would you be willing to ink the whole comic? if you do you have the freedom to make modifications like you did with my drawing (which i'm totally fine with). Also, I have no idea if this means you approve of me or not XD if i become the illustrator I'm happy to oblige as long as my comic gets a tiny link on the site, too. (I'll link this comic from mine, too)
And this may be demanding a lot, but if I'm drawing the panels the way you want me to, it may be easier to just show me a small image of how the paneling in the page goes, i'm willing to try with just description, but it'll be a bit harder that way.

Read Nectar of the Gods!
last edited on Nov. 25, 2011 7:53AM
Niccea at 7:12PM, Nov. 25, 2011
(offline)
Yeah. I'll get the draft up as soon as I find it.
RPGgrenade at 7:41PM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
oh ok cool… but the only problem is i can only draw it after december when my summer starts.
when it's december i'll start on making the first page
as well as catching up with my own goddamn comic

Read Nectar of the Gods!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon