Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XXXVI: Trick or Townston Sign Ups
Niccea at 8:46PM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)

Banner by: Rokulily

It is time for another rousing bout of mafia. Step right up and join in the fun of a Halloween themed game.

Mafia XXXVI: Trick or Townston

Halloween is rolling around again. All the little children are ready to go out and raid the neighborhood for candy. Lil’ Harkovast looks so cute in his plastic armor. Is he dressed as a knight? No one understands Lil’ Product Placement. He just pulled a For Sale sign from one of the abandoned houses and carries it in one hand and his trick-or-treat bag. There is a litter of white kittens that have made a boy suit, how sweet. Unlike other towns on this night, Townston sure does have a variety. Of course some of the kids are trouble makers and there are quite a few that want to do a group costume.

The Game: Takes place in the childhood memories of the Townston residents. Since there are children, no one will die, just sent to time-out. This will be a recruitment style game much like the rest of the monster mash, just within a different context of children recruiting others for their group costumes (Werewolf, Zombies, Vampires).

Cycles: Each cycle will end at 11 pm GMT with narration up shortly following. During the Day Cycle everyone can vote on who to kick out of the Trick-or-Treat group. During the night, the leaders of the group costume groups can turn one trick-or-treater over to their side. (See extended rules below)

If you are confused about time. Right now, 11pm GMT is 6pm Central time. If you are confused about the game, don't be afraid to ask for any help.

Roles

Trick-or-Treaters!

Their goals.

The goal of the trick-or-treaters will be to get rid of the kids in group costumes.

The Roles
Leader Kid(1)
The Soft Hearted One (1)
Big Kids (2)
The Tattle Tell (1)
Snitches (up to 2)
Kids with Band-aids (2)
Trick-or-Treaters: (the rest of the players)

Leader Kid
The Leader Kid is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Cause I Said So!: Increased vote count of 2 during voting.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Leader Kid can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people. (The Leader Kid must notify the GM during the night phase or early during the the day phase so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) (Big Kids) are alive.
Let's celebrate!: The Leader Kid has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Leader Kid picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could tell you who's a monster at that time.

The Soft Hearted One
As a check and balance to the Leader Kid, the Soft Hearted One is the runner up to the Leader Kid. The Soft Hearted One has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be two single lynches, one double lynch, half of a double and one single or whatever. The Soft Hearted One will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The Soft Hearted One shares the protection from the Big Kids.

Big Kids
Two random Trick-or-Treaters will receive the role of Big Kids, once the Leader Kid has been elected. The Big Kids cannot be monsters or special roles, they can only be regular Trick-or-Treaters. As long as the Big Kids are alive, they'll protect the Leader Kid and Soft Hearted One from being killed. Normally the Leader Kid gets to know who the Big Kids are but in this game it will be kept a secret. When a bodyguard is turned by a monster, the town will be informed via narration.

The Tattle Tell
The Tattle Tell is focused on making sure any rule breakers will be punished. He will function as a mixture of the vigilante and the detective. During each day and night cycle, he's allowed to do one of the following:
I sense a taint of evil!: The Tattle Tell can check upon a player and determine if he's a monster or not. He can only do this 2 times. Note. This power can also identify the monster leaders.
Who dun it?:If a clue is left behind, The Tattle Tell can ask the GM if a specific someone was behind the attack.
Tonight we hunt: The Tattle Tell can spend his night action hunting someone who he believes to be a monster and get rid of him. A clue is left behind every time. Note. Can only be used during night.
Help Wanted!: During the night, The Tattle Tell is allowed to recruit someone to become a Snitch. He can only use this power twice. Can only be used at night.
Note: Only those who are not monsters can become a Snitch. He can only recruit two times and if he tries to recruit a monster, the attempt is considered spent and wasted. In those situations he will kill the target instead.
Special: The Tattle Tell knows how to defend himself against monsters and will survive any attack made by an underling. He is however defenseless against an attack from one of the three monsters leader. The Tattle Tell is allowed to pick a defense against one of the three monster types to render himself immune to attacks from one of the leaders. If The Tattle Tell is successfully attacked, he will not be turned but will instead die.

Snitchs
Snitchs are recruited by The Tattle Tell. He's allowed to recruit up to two players that he trusts (can only recruit once per night). Every night, the Snitches can target and get rid of someone who they suspect are monsters. A clue is left behind every time. A Snitch can't be turned and will die if attacked. The Snitchs are not as experienced as The Tattle Tell and thus can't kill the monster leaders.

Kid with Band-Aids
Every night they're allowed to either protect themselves or someone else for the night. If a monster attacks someone who's protected, he will survive the attempt and a clue will be left behind, pointing at the attacker. If more then one monster attacks a person that's being protected, only the first attack is canceled.

Special
All the Trick-or-Treaters (including all the special roles) will get to choose a defense against one of the monsters types at the beginning of the game.
These are:
A Toy Cross (against vampires),
A Fake Silver Pendant (for werewolves) or
A Glow Stick(to scare away zombies).
Example: If a Vampire attacks a player that owns a toy cross, the Vampire will run away and the player is not turned for the night. A clue will be left behind which can tell us who the monster is. The player is still vulnerable from attacks of the other two monster types. Once a defense has been picked, the player can't change it again.

Actions will be on a first come first serve basis with the protective items acting like paramedics would in normal games only against certain teams.

Monsters!

Their goals.

The children dressed as monsters are fighting for their group costume idea to win. They must defeat the other two and over run the rest of the Trick-or-Treaters

The roles.
Vampire Leader(1)
Werewolf Leader(1)
Zombie Leader(1)

All three monster leaders have these powers.

I wasn't turned yesterday: The monster leaders are stronger then their supporters. If a monster leader attacks another monster or is attacked by one, he will survive while the other monster will die. He will not be named in the progress but a clue, that might reveal his identity will be left behind. A monster leader can only be killed via lynch, by The Tattle Tell, Old Man Jenkins, or another Monster leader who attacks him.
Welcome to our fold: The monster leader can influence a Trick-or-Treater to wear his costume. Each night they can target a victim and attempt to turn him. Once that player is turned he will stay on that side until he's killed. Supporters also gain the power to turn others as well. If a supporter tries to turn another monster, they will initiate a fight to the death (see monster defense rule for more details).
If the leader goes we all go!: The lives of the supporters are sustained by the power of their leaders. Should the leader of any of the monster races die, all of his underlings will die with him/her.

Special Role

This player has their own win conditions.

Old Man Jenkins (1).

Old Man Jenkins
Old Man Jenkins is tired of the meddlesome kids not staying off his lawn. He has joined the group of kids under a disguise. He has the ability to yank one kid out of play per night. He is above the influence of being brought to the side of the Monster Leaders and The Tattle Tell, but if he is targeted, he will be discovered. Old Man Jenkins can only win once he has sent all the kids home to their moms (having a peaceful Halloween at last).

(I have decided not to weed out all the references to dying or lynching. It would be too much work. Just know that it will be called something else) And the Narrations can still be violent.

Read Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Niccea at 8:48PM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)

Signed Up:
1. Salsa the luckless
2. Mettaur the atomic mirelurk
3. Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker
4. shirkersama needs a title
5. I am the 1337 Master the goddamn batman
6. harkovast the self proclaimed furry pusher.
7. Hakoshen the Spartan
8. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the owner of too many titles.
9. jninjashadow the town drunk
10. same needs a title
11. alwinbot needs a title
12. maru the last beserker
13. Keybounce
14. rokulily
15. Asmun
16. Product Placement
Salsa at 9:08PM, Oct. 18, 2010
(offline)
I'm in. (Edit: w007 first!)
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Mettaur at 10:01AM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
First Post.

Jking, I Sign Up!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Anthony Mercer at 10:44AM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
I'm in!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
shirkersama at 12:47PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
Sign me up.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:40PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
In.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
harkovast at 3:44PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
sign me up ninja style!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:56PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
Harkovast said
sign me up ninja style!
Hakoshen at 4:35PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
I will play. And with a purpose this time.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:59PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
Sign me up.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
jninjashadow at 6:43PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
harkovast
sign me up ninja style!
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SIGN UP NINJA STYLE! THIS IS:

I'm serious, sign me up. Can't leave you all without your town drunk after all… even if I would be underage in this game…

oh lord that would make me Mett…
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Niccea at 6:45PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
Is that sign up or an attempt at humor?
jninjashadow at 6:46PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
I realized, because I'm never serious that my post may need clarification. I am absolutely serious. Sign me up. I KNOW you all need me. I KNOW.

Niccea
I thought it was funny…
Mettaur at 6:52PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
I realized, because I'm never serious that my post may need clarification. I am absolutely serious. Sign me up. I KNOW you all need me. I KNOW.

Niccea
I thought it was funny…
Yay! Bartender is back!

And kinda a confession about me and drinks. I did try drinks, but beer didn't taste right. I liked rum, a sip of it. probably the only alcohol I did like, but I learned to stay away from drinks. I now do safer underage things, like looking at internet stuff for adults! Yep, mature online gaming!

..and pics. you can believe what i say or not, doesn't really matter to me. just wanted to get it off my chest.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
rokulily at 8:08PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(online)
okay i'm not sure i'll be availible to play this game but i'm gonna do something for it. a costume collection picture. for all youse people you do sign up tell me what you want your costume to be and at the the end of the game there will be a big picture with everyone in their desired costumes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
jninjashadow at 4:02AM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
rokulily
okay i'm not sure i'll be availible to play this game but i'm gonna do something for it. a costume collection picture. for all youse people you do sign up tell me what you want your costume to be and at the the end of the game there will be a big picture with everyone in their desired costumes.
OH OH! Stein from Soul Eater!
same at 9:14AM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
Is anyone against me joining?

I feel like I've pissed people off in previous games…

Mainly one of the reasons i was gonna quit…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Niccea at 11:38AM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
I'm not against you joining. And you haven't really pissed me.
same at 11:57AM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
Then I'm in.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
jninjashadow at 1:03PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
The words “I quit” have a very different meaning for mafia don't they
Anthony Mercer at 1:08PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow

It's just hard to permanently quit when you're offered another chance to join every couple of weeks! XD
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 1:33PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
Eh, I need an avi. Anyone feel like offering?
Niccea at 1:36PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
Mafia and the NFL.
shirkersama at 3:57PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
rokulily

A moogle.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Salsa at 4:05PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
rokulily

Hold on a sec. I just need to whip something up.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
alwinbot at 4:08PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
Sign me up.

Also I'm in the banner.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:50PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
rokulily
I'm a wiener.
Mettaur at 6:20PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(offline)
I wanna look like this, with my normal face showing(you saw it before, right?)

Why do I want to be a generic mobster you ask? I'm actually dressing as one, even got the shaving knife to scare away the kids that want from the taffy bowl.
jninjashadow at 6:25PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
Salsa
Hold on a sec. I just need to whip something up.
PREPARE YOURSELVES! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! READY THE RATIONS!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon