Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XXXI: Kicking It Old School Sign Ups
Niccea at 4:06PM, July 8, 2010
(offline)
Mafia XXXI: Kicking It Old School

Alright everyone. It is time for a another rousing game of mafia. Introducing Mafia XXXI: Kicking It Old School. This game goes by the basic rules of mafia. In case you didn’t know Mafia is a forum based role playing game where players play the part of villagers or mafia members who are fighting over the control of their town. This is a turned based game where each turn takes 24 hours and alternates between day and night. The villagers are more active during the day while the mafia rules the night. In order to win you have to communicate with the other players, form alliances, betray or protect and do whatever it takes for your side to succeed. That's all you need to know really. The best way to learn the game is to play it and I will take special care to ensure that you won't get lost. Well now? What are you waiting for? Sign up so we can get this madness started!

Cycles will start around 5pm CST (10pm GMT). I will give fair enough warning if this deviates.

Night actions will go in the order that they are received.

Signed Up:

1. same the first
2. Zeph
3. Ochitsukanai the trend setter
4. TheFlyingGreenMonkey has too many titles
5. seventy2
6. I Am The 1337 Master the goddamn batman
7. jninjashadow the town drunk
8. maru the last rager
9. Product Placement the Game Master
10. Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
11. alwinbot
12. mettaur the atomic mirlurk
13. rokulily the minister of cuteness
14. Salsa the luckless
15. Kroatz
16. Hakoshen the spartan
17. harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing
18. crocty The usual suspect
19. kitty17
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Niccea at 4:07PM, July 8, 2010
(offline)
This will be a standard game with the addition of one role called the random. Only the person who has this role will know what it is and does. This role will be a protown role though (more details later in post).

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.
Did you ever know that you’re my hero?: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let’s celebrate!: On Day One, the newly elected mayor can declare an insta-lynch

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. (Might delete this role and just give the Pardoner and Mayor extra lives instead)

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. The paranoid due to his disorder, he thinks he is just a townie.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific person committed the murder and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what alignment a person is. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You cannot ask about both people in office.

Random

You are a townie, but your role may or may not help them win. This role is selected at random and only the one with the role will know what it is. The role will be pulled from this section of the Mafia Game Wikipedia article.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. He can also detonate a bomb whenever he sees fit. (A clue will be left in this case.) If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill whomever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.
same at 4:10PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
In.

Also first.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Zeph at 4:17PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
Sign me up. Its not mafia without … okay yeah its been mafia without me for ages.

Meh.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
same at 4:25PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
The way things are going “its not mafia untill teenagers talk about how cool getting drunk is and pretend to know what theyre talking about.”

So its not mafia without

Whiskey.
My drink of choice.

Yay alcohol that has nothing to do at all with mafia but for some reason its made out to be cool.

Yay irrelavance!
Ochitsukanai at 4:25PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
Oh, it's a traditional game. I'm in.

Even though it causes me to break this chain of zephitars. o_o

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:46PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
I'm in!

3,000 POST!!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
seventy2 at 5:16PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
I'll try.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:20PM, July 8, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
3,000 POST!!!!
Reached my 2000th awhile ago but didn't shout yet.
…Thou hast inspired me…

2045th post!

I'm one size larger! But still I'm not as bold.
(that is what 1337 said)

Oh and I join.

Think I've been mafia in both times out of your games I've been in.
Let's go 3?

Can I name our SK Bob?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Niccea at 6:08PM, July 8, 2010
(offline)
I've hosted 3 times already
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:45PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
Niccea

I am now in third for most games *grumble grumble* Though I do like the number 3.

jninjashadow at 8:03PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
Same
The way things are going “its not mafia untill teenagers talk about how cool getting drunk is and pretend to know what theyre talking about.”
Damn teenagers… Anyway sign me up… Huh, you know this will be the first original rule set I've played… well on DD anyway…
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
maru at 8:13PM, July 8, 2010
(offline)
Sign me up please, and thank you very much Zeph!
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Product Placement at 9:54PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:42PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
Product Placement

Is that your actual expression when signing up for mafia? XD

Anthony Mercer at 12:44AM, July 9, 2010
(online)
Sign me up please!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
gullas at 4:35AM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
my work schedule is pretty funky(evening/night shifts) for the next week or more… so I'll kindly pass this one…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:24AM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
Niccea
I was only in two.

My sentence before made no sense.

By the way, I'll offer this out to my mafia buddies two:
You want me to read through your comics? I'll do it. Each one that you want me to and every page. Just PQ me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
alwinbot at 6:28AM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
/in.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Zeph at 7:23AM, July 9, 2010
(online)
maru
Sign me up please, and thank you very much Zeph!

You're welcome.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
same at 7:25AM, July 9, 2010
(online)
I think everyone with a zephitar owes Zeph thanks.
Mettaur at 9:10AM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
Three things, two to Zeph. One, thanks for the avi! Two, damn you, now everyone knows aboout my map! And third, I sign up!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
rokulily at 10:00AM, July 9, 2010
(online)
lets do this thing. i'm in!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Niccea at 10:19AM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
Ok. I updated the comic a couple days ago with information about what is going to be happening. The link to the comic is the Mafia banner in my sig. I would really love a lot of input. I started making this comic on my own, and I would really like some help sprucing it up.
Product Placement at 11:26AM, July 9, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement
It's become a routine.
Niccea
Comic impute, please.
Well… an idea worth throwing out there. Rokulily started a comic, a while back, where she started drawing various landmarks of Townston. It's only 3 pages at the moment but we could create a link to her comic called “Tour through the town”. Also, if anyone's up for a big undertaking, we can create another comic called “Meet the townsfolk” where we draw up pictures of all the players who've received titles. That comic would then be also linked to the main mafia comic.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Salsa at 2:27PM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
I'm in. And Thanks for the Avatar Zeph. Now, apparently, everyone seems to think I'm sexy, or at least in the Avatar guessing thread.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Kroatz at 3:01PM, July 9, 2010
(online)
I'm in.
And Salsa, you sexy dog!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Niccea at 3:51PM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement
It's become a routine.
Niccea
Comic impute, please.
Well… an idea worth throwing out there. Rokulily started a comic, a while back, where she started drawing various landmarks of Townston. It's only 3 pages at the moment but we could create a link to her comic called “Tour through the town”. Also, if anyone's up for a big undertaking, we can create another comic called “Meet the townsfolk” where we draw up pictures of all the players who've received titles. That comic would then be also linked to the main mafia comic.

I never even noticed that comic.
Mettaur at 5:08PM, July 9, 2010
(offline)
Is a very nice comic, just wish there was more than two buildings in it.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
rokulily at 5:33PM, July 9, 2010
(online)
Niccea
I never even noticed that comic.

haha! i'm sneaky like that… and yeah, i'll get to work on it again…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon