Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia VII Sign Ups
Niccea at 8:36AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
All right, time for the seventh cycle of Drunk Duck Mafia. For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message or simply how you act in the thread, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

Well…that was normal mafia. I have decided to go off the grounds of normal for this game. I will be hosting the first mafia on Drunk Duck like this. Introducing: REVERSE MAFIA. The rules are the same of all the other games, but the back story has been changed. Instead of a town rooting out a mafia that is trying to take over, this game is about a group of special agents trying to take apart a long standing mafia. (Don't worry GDers. Only the sign ups are in here. The actual game will be in the Forum Games.)

While reading through the rules sections, feel free to listen to this music to get yourself in the mood.

Right then. The rules.

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. All PQ's that I send you should be considered private. Do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Townston has a 48 hour day cycle. Day takes 24 hours to transpire and so does the night. At the end of each night I will post a narrative that includes clues for every kill that was made. All cycles end at 6PM CDT or Midnight GMT.

5. Actions are resolved on a chronological basis, but where the list starts is random. This is to discourage people from instantly sending in hits as soon as I get out the narrative. It is also to help my friends across the pond that the cycles end late for.

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) your kill will be wasted for the night. I will notify you of this.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of Godfather I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

Mafia ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to find and kill all the undercover agents.

Godfather
The Godfather is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Godfather: Increased vote count of 2 during killings.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Godfather can declare 2 double kills anytime during the game When double kills are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Godfather will know who the bodyguards are.
Let's celebrate!: The Godfather has the option of insta-killing one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Godfather picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given yet.

Second in Command
As a check and balance to the Godfather, the Second in Command is the runner up to the Godfather. The Second in Command has the ability to cancel two kills throughout the game. The Second in Command will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the kill is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-kill.

Bodyguard
Random Mafioso will receive the role of bodyguard once the Godfather has been elected. The Godfather alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be an agent or special role, he can only be a regular mafia.

Murderer
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the agents (or the mafia) to interpret.

Doctor
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one Doctor, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the Doctor chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Made Man
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The Made Man gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-mafia, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences. He had followed the mafia for the drugs and he found them. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself.. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be agent or mafia (such as a Doctor opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

Rat
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me twice per game what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how manymafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Mafioso
You are a dedicated Mafioso! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

Agent ROLES
The agent team’s win condition is to outnumber the mafia. Unlike mafia, all agents know who each other are. All agents can, in their own way, kill once per night cycle.

Leader
Like the Godfather, the Leader has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Bluff: The Leader is able to leave a threatening note on his targets. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle.
Call in a favor: The Leader can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Stay at the Base: The Leader doesn't dirty his hands since he has is the most important member of his team. The leader will appear as a Mafioso to the Rat. Also, he can't be killed by the Murderer as long as this power is in effect.
A True Leader: The Leader has decided to take actions into his own hands. He's brandished his pistol and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Stay at the Base power. If the Leader is the only agent left, this power is automatically activated.

Demolitions Man
Each night, the Demolitions Man can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Demolitions Man can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the Demolitions Man be killed either through a lynch or Murderer hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be.

Agent
You are a regular agent. You get to kill a mafia every night.

The game will need at least 20 people to begin. More people are free to join which will
increase the numbers of Mafioso.

Elected posts
Godfather:1
Second in Command:1

Mafia(16)

Bodyguard:2
Murderer:1
Doctor:2
Made Man:1
Paranoid:1
Rat:1
Mafioso: 8

Secret Agents(4)
Team Leader:1
Demolitions Man:1
Agents:2

Post here if you want to be a part of this. New players are welcomed to join.

1. Crocty, The Happy Bomber
2. KillerBob
3. TheFlyingGreenMonkey
4. waff, Waff-man!
5. InuYasha_Rules
6. gullas, The Impaler
7. Aghammer
8. the2ndredbaron
9. Ochitsukanai
10. Hakoshen
11. kitty17, the unkillable
12. harkovast, the patron saint of finger pointing
13. bocaj
14. rokulily
15. poliwirl100
16. Product Placement the salesman (just kidding. I'll find you something)
17. Italianocane
18. humorman
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
crocty at 8:53AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
The music works well. =w=

I'll join, of course!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Product Placement at 8:54AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
crocty
HEY! That was my idea!

One nitpick.
Rat
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

This power, “finding out someones role” is way better to use instead of asking whether or not a specific clue points at him. Why bother asking if he killed this particular person if you can ask if he's a mafia… sorry agent or not? Therefore I suggest a limit to that ability. Two times max.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
KillerBob at 8:55AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I want to be a part of this game and its wierdness :D
My name is Bob and I kill things. Things like: moments, moods, norms, rules, and people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
crocty at 9:11AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
crocty
HEY! That was my idea!

One nitpick.
Rat
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

This power, “finding out someones role” is way better to use instead of asking whether or not a specific clue points at him. Why bother asking if he killed this particular person if you can ask if he's a mafia… sorry agent or not? Therefore I suggest a limit to that ability. Two times max.
Yeah, but you put the music on after I read your rules!

Also I think it's usually 2 times a game for that, but she didn't type it up right or something…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:18AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Come on Rat! Come on Rat! *Fingers are crossed*

I'm in! Hopefully I'll be on the winning side this time :D

Also I'm going to be running as Mayor or Pardoner. Which ever one I can get.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Product Placement at 9:33AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Come on Rat! Come on Rat! *Fingers are crossed*

I'm in! Hopefully I'll be on the winning side this time :D

Also I'm going to be running as Mayor or Pardoner. Which ever one I can get.
Well, if you want the get the holy trifecta of being the pardoner 3 times in a row then your aim is to get the Second in Command
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 9:41AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
I'm in.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
InuYasha_Rules at 10:54AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I'm in, and i won't be betraying my team members this time!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
gullas at 11:09AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I'm so in.
In all 6 games I have been a “townie”, so finally there is a chance for me to become a mafioso for the first time ^_^

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
waff at 11:22AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
gullas
I'm so in.
In all 6 games I have been a “townie”, so finally there is a chance for me to become a mafioso for the first time ^_^
same here.

Niccea at 11:36AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
crocty
HEY! That was my idea!

One nitpick.
Rat

Yeah. Well it has been limited in the past. I think it was twice or three times. And don't give me that it is my fault. I copied PP's stuff to make it easy. I shall fix it right now.

This typo has never been a problem before cause the detective tends to die young.
Aghammer at 12:06PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Seriously? I've only been mafia once and we see how that worked out :) (WAFF!!!!!).

Anyway, sign me up!

waff
gullas
I'm so in.
same here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Aghammer at 12:08PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Welcome Bob and your name is PERFECT for this name… also, invite your friends… the faster we get to 20 players, the sooner we can get cranking!

KillerBob
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
the2ndredbaron at 12:47PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
im in
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:08PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
Welcome Bob and your name is PERFECT for this name… also, invite your friends… the faster we get to 20 players, the sooner we can get cranking!

KillerBob
I actually got bob to join AG. He is another one of my RL friends. That makes three people from the same area all in on online game :D . That also means I brought two people to this game. Maybe I can get even more people to join! Inu start working on getting Camrin to join XD

Ochitsukanai at 1:25PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Let's do this thing! GRARRRRR!

…by which I mean, I'm in.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:44PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai

Yeah I'm just going to hide over here for a while *Runs away from Ochi*

crocty at 1:46PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
;~; Wait for me.
waff at 2:22PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Ochitsukanai

Yeah I'm just going to hide over here for a while *Runs away from Ochi*
*flee*

Ochitsukanai at 2:56PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Et tu, waff!? XD

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Niccea at 3:05PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Question:

Should the mafia or the agent team be plagued with the sissy name?
waff at 3:10PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Question:

I say give the agents something vaguely militaristic yet insulting or give each agent an insulting rank/call name.

Niccea at 3:13PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
waff
Niccea
Question:

I say give the agents something vaguely militaristic yet insulting or give each agent an insulting rank/call name.
XD I think I will stick with the default name of Snuggles for the agents then.
Hakoshen at 3:22PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I can't NOT play. It's vital to me surviving the increasing madness of my daily life.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 3:25PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Half way there. And only half a day has gone by.
kitty17 at 3:34PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I'll join.:D

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Product Placement at 4:00PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Yeah. Well it has been limited in the past. I think it was twice or three times. And don't give me that it is my fault. I copied PP's stuff to make it easy. I shall fix it right now.

This typo has never been a problem before cause the detective tends to die young.
I wasn't trying to say that anything was your fault. I was aware that I made the same error. You must have copied my sign up rules because I had fixed the flaw in my text in the main game discussion.

Anyways. I'll find out soon enough if I can play or not.

Better do it soon since the rooster is filling up quite fast.

This idea for a reverse-game seems to be popular.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:02PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Waitings the hardest part.

harkovast at 5:00PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Much like the real mafia, the more I try to get out, the more I get pulled back in.

I always want to retire after every damn game and I swear I wont ever come back but I get called up for one last job…a bit like Rambo…

*ties on head band*

Lets do this!
I'm in!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon