MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia GM Elections!
Niccea at 7:53AM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
We can always get rid of this if we decide not to do it here. I'm bored right now, so I thought I might as well set it up.

GM Rules
1. You can not run a game twice in a row.
2. In order to be a GM, you must have actively played in at least two previous mafia game.
3. The times must be posted in Greenwich Mean Time. You must also adhere to the schedule that you put up. If you can't follow it, don't do it. And give forewarning if the narrative will be early/late.
4. If you change a role drastically, you should rename that role to avoid confusion. (If we are going back to basics, it won't be a problem.)
5. You put a sample narrative up on your sign up sheet so that people will know early on what to expect from your clues.

Recommended: You tell the mafia to submit their name to you. (Really highly recommended, I have a long list of sissy names for them now.)

Election Rules
1. The elections are probably be run by the previous GM
2. There will be a few days for sign ups. In your sign up you state why you think you would be a good GM and a basic outline of what you intend to do.
3. There will be a couple of days of voting. The votes will be PQed to the election head and will be anonymous.
4. The elected GM will have a day or so to make sign ups. If they do not make them in a reasonable time, the runner up is the next GM and so on and so on.

If you want to be a GM please post why you think you will be a good GM here along with the sample narrative. In the sample narrative, write about you (GM) killing me (Niccea).

Hmmm…I say we end sign ups on Thursday and finish the voting on Saturday. Both will end at 2 AM GMT or 10 PM EST (hope I got the times correct. You can check me you want.)

Candidates:
waff
Niccea was feeling relaxed. It was nice to go out and have a quiet walk during peace-time, especially with a bodyguard of 17 heavily-armed mercenaries and a pair of servants to carry you, so walk was a subjective term, but she didn’t care. She was so focused on her internal monologue that she didn’t notice when one her bodyguards fell over, apparently choking to death, she did notice however when some other bodyguards started yelling about their fallen comrade and interrupted her.
“HEY!” she yelled enraged “what are you norse yelling abo…” and then the smell hit her. Her distance from the point man ,a burly yet intelligent fellow, saved her from the worst of the smell but what she did scent caused her to yell out in surprise an disgust and then cover her nose. The smell was like boiled cabbage, only several hundred times stronger. She had barely begun to fathom what was happening when a shape, like a man with a sign around his neck only so hunched over it could be anything, leaped off a nearby roof into the middle of the formation causing the smell to intensify a thousand-fold and every single mercenary to black-out in perfect synchrony with each other and her servants to stagger before fainting, pitching her off her litter onto the cold, uncaring cobbles.
“wha?” she plaintively mewled whilst attempting to rise and resisting the urge to blackout, knowing it would be the last thing she did, when the shape pitched itself forwards and knocked her to the ground with what felt limp and furry, gashing her scalp upon the road surface, and clamped an oxygen mask over her mouth.
“ no hard feelings” the shape chattered conversationally as she gratefully gulped down lungfuls of clean, stench free air and attempted to blink through the crust of blood that was rapidly forming over her eyes.
“but I’d rather not go unnoticed if you know what I mean”. And with those final words echoing along the street the shape pulled a heavy looking handgun from its pocket and pumped shot after shot into her prone form, pulping it beyond all human recognition, only stopping when the weapon clicked empty.
“I’d like a quarter if you want me to continue” the shape stated flatly as it started down the road “oh wait you can’t pay me, you’re dead, oh well”.
And that is how the corpse that was probably Niccea the townie was murdered, thank you and good night.

gullas
The darkness fell over Townston, no one suspected anything. Across town, most people were sleeping but not Niccea. She couldn't sleep. She knew something was wrong but she coulnd't figure out what it was. Maybe it was the smell of the fresh slaughtered carcasses or maybe it was . So she decided, like most good townies, to take a good long walk. She hadn't walked far untill she met someone.
“Can't sleep either?” she asked the figure.
“Not really…” the figure said, “I forgot my daily mincing…”
“ Ah me too,” Niccea said. “I have to return a paper, make a new page for the mafia comic…UGH” was the last thing Niccea said before the figure stab her. Niccea the townie had been partially dismembered tonight.

Hakoshen
Niccea was sitting in her room, typing with all her might a term paper which was due the following day. Fifteen pages in and everything was coming together well, which was why when the lights and subsequently her computer went out, she flew into a violent rage, cursing everyone from the professor to the cashier at the power company's front desk. When she finally stopped to take a moment to compose herself, she was amazed by the otherwise total silence. The only sound was the gentle hum from the street light outdoors which illuminated her room through the one un-curtained window. Standing up to head for the circuit breaker, she noticed a barely visible silhouette in the doorway. Before she could think to panic, the searing pain of three gunshots tore through her body and she slumped against her chair, unable to move and bleeding profusely. Her assassin stepped forward so that his face was half visible in the light and smirked.

“Twenty points,” he said casually, before re-aiming his gun.

“You!” Niccea gasped, as a growing paralysis spread through her body.

“Say goodnight,” he added, squeezing off one last round and puncturing her head, before turning and slipping into the night from whence he came.

humorman
One of the townies happened to walk into a dark alley. Why he did that, the world may never know. There was a strange man lurking in the shadows.

“Who are you? Are you me?” shouted the strange man to himself.

“You're freaking me out!” said the frightened townie.

“Shh… do you hear that,” asked the strange man. “It's the trees in the forest. They want me to kill you!”

“I just want to go home.” sobbed the confused townie.

“Oh don't worry… home is where the rock is!” screeched the strange man.

The man picked up a rock from the alley and chucked it at the townie. The rock flung right into the townies eye and exited through the back of his head. Blood and brain matter was splattering into the air.

“My brains! My brains,” screamed the townie choking on his own gobs.

Suddenly… BOOM!!!

The townie's head exploded from the sheer pressure of blood built up in the base of his neck.

Niccea the townie has been killed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Product Placement at 8:12AM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Yeah. It's a good idea that the sample narrative is about themselves killing whoever is running the election. That way people can compare the clues with the person who writes them. It has to be elusive, yet somehow point at him.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
waff at 9:45AM, March 30, 2009
(online)
so who's running the election.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Niccea at 9:46AM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
waff
Yo. *Points to self*
waff at 9:50AM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Niccea
waff
Yo. *Points to self*
*readies squirell* it'll probably be a couple hours before inspiration strikes and I make a narrative but I'm throwing my hat into the ring as it were.
-edit-
I'm gonna put my reasons up…well I'll do my best to make the rules and the abilities of all the roles as clear as possible and I'll help with any quibbles about the rules…I'll be fair and I'll do my best to get narratives and such up on time…also anyone who doesn't do anything but sit there and take up a space in the roster shall be ANNIHILATED WITHOUT MERCY!!…*huff huff* O_O :nervous: hehe.and I'll do my best to make the game run as smoothly as possible.thankyou.

waff at 12:20PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
my narrative: Niccea was feeling relaxed. It was nice to go out and have a quiet walk during peace-time, especially with a bodyguard of 17 heavily-armed mercenaries and a pair of servants to carry you, so walk was a subjective term, but she didn’t care. She was so focused on her internal monologue that she didn’t notice when one her bodyguards fell over, apparently choking to death, she did notice however when some other bodyguards started yelling about their fallen comrade and interrupted her.
“HEY!” she yelled enraged “what are you norse yelling abo…” and then the smell hit her. Her distance from the point man ,a burly yet intelligent fellow, saved her from the worst of the smell but what she did scent caused her to yell out in surprise an disgust and then cover her nose. The smell was like boiled cabbage, only several hundred times stronger. She had barely begun to fathom what was happening when a shape, like a man with a sign around his neck only so hunched over it could be anything, leaped off a nearby roof into the middle of the formation causing the smell to intensify a thousand-fold and every single mercenary to black-out in perfect synchrony with each other and her servants to stagger before fainting, pitching her off her litter onto the cold, uncaring cobbles.
“wha?” she plaintively mewled whilst attempting to rise and resisting the urge to blackout, knowing it would be the last thing she did, when the shape pitched itself forwards and knocked her to the ground with what felt limp and furry, gashing her scalp upon the road surface, and clamped an oxygen mask over her mouth.
“ no hard feelings” the shape chattered conversationally as she gratefully gulped down lungfuls of clean, stench free air and attempted to blink through the crust of blood that was rapidly forming over her eyes.
“but I’d rather not go unnoticed if you know what I mean”. And with those final words echoing along the street the shape pulled a heavy looking handgun from its pocket and pumped shot after shot into her prone form, pulping it beyond all human recognition, only stopping when the weapon clicked empty.
“I’d like a quarter if you want me to continue” the shape stated flatly as it started down the road “oh wait you can’t pay me, you’re dead, oh well”.
And that is how the corpse that was probably niccea the townie was murdered, thank you and good night.
sorry it's so long but I think I went a bit overboard with it.

Niccea at 12:24PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
That is rather long. But I know it is because we a good friends I deserved an elaborate death.
waff at 12:29PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Niccea
That is rather long. But I know it is because we a good friends I deserved an elaborate death.
yup

Product Placement at 12:30PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
waff
….She had barely begun to fathom what was happening when a shape, like a man with a sign around his neck only so hunched over it could be anything…..“I’d like a quarter if you want me to continue”….

HEY! No more red herrings that point at me please.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 12:47PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
waff
….She had barely begun to fathom what was happening when a shape, like a man with a sign around his neck only so hunched over it could be anything…..“I’d like a quarter if you want me to continue”….

HEY! No more red herrings that point at me please.
wait you mean I DIDN'T need to make it point to someone else?. also you missed a couple:in the narrative niccea calls her bodyguards norse, which I think came from iceland…if not then I've gone epicly wrong, also the point man is described as being burly yet intelligent, you describe yourself in your profile as a nerd with the body of a jock or something to that effect.
-edit-
sorry it's
pp's profile
Some might even call me a nerd even though I have a body of a jock.

Niccea at 12:59PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
Don't worry about it PP. I doubt all of them would have red herrings to point to you. Sides Gullas is also Icelandic.

And the Norse…where are from again? Isn't that another word for Vikings….as in Norway?
waff at 1:05PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Don't worry about it PP. I doubt all of them would have red herrings to point to you. Sides Gullas is also Icelandic.

And the Norse…where are from again? Isn't that another word for Vikings….as in Norway?
oops, and yeah I'm gonna have a list of clues for each person participating (assuming I'm elected) and each narrative will (or should more likley) point to 2 people (one more than the other) ‘cos I don’t feel confident enough to do more than that.

Product Placement at 1:10PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Well… i said that because I have many nerd qualities (likes sci fi, roleplay, games, that type of stuff) yet I'm not a scrawny fella. And I'm like 6'2"

Also. Norsemen are from Norway and Iceland was populated by Norwegian vikings, not the other way around.

And the exercise is about the narrator(that's you) killing the judge(Niccea). But we let it slide this time. Niccea could you perhaps highlight this part:

Niccea
If you want to be a GM please post why you think you will be a good GM here along with the sample narrative. In the sample narrative, write about you (GM) killing me (Niccea).

Also… What was the deal with the cabbage smell?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 1:13PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Well… i said that because I have many nerd qualities (likes sci fi, roleplay, games, that type of stuff) yet I'm not a scrawny fella. And I'm like 6'2"

Also. Norsemen are from Norway and Iceland was populated by Norwegian vikings, not the other way around.

And what was the deal with the cabbage smell?

And the exercise is about the narrator killing the judge. But we let it slide this time. Niccea could you perhaps highlight this part:

Niccea
I can do one in the 1st person if you want me too. but it'll take another couple hours to do (the inspiration has left me).
-edit-
have you read the discworld series of books? If so then you may know of foul old ron who is beggar (more or less the same thing as a hobo) who's smell is so bad it has gained sentience and outclassed him (it reads light poetry and goes to formal functions) so since I'm a hobo for mafia I style myself to have an INCREDIBLY bad smell. oil of scillitane appears in “the truth” another discworld book and apparently smells like cabbage.

Product Placement at 1:14PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
No no it's ok. I don't mind that much being the serial killer in your noir.

Oh and it's not supposed to be in first person. The idea of the exercise is that you narrate the murder and give out cryptic clues about who the killer is. If the reader knows that the murder is in fact you, they can compare the clues to you to see how good/cryptic/obvious they are.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
gullas at 1:21PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
Nice narrative Waff :) Well I supose that I could give it a try :
The darkness fell over Townston, no one suspected anything. Across town, most people were sleeping but not Niccea. She couldn't sleep. She knew something was wrong but she coulnd't figure out what it was. Maybe it was the smell of the fresh slaughtered carcasses or maybe it was the smell of rotting townies(which no one seemed to interested in cleaning up). So she decided, like most good townies, to take a good long walk. She hadn't walked far untill she met someone.
“Not really…” the figure said “ I forgot my daily mincing…”.
“ Ah me too” Niccea said “ I have to return a paper, make a new page for the mafia comic and UGH” was the last thing Niccea said before the figure stab her. Niccea the townie had been partially dismembered tonight.

*edit* maybe I should highlight the clues?*edit*

Dammit, my english spelling sucks… I hope there are no grammar-nazis around to kill me :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Niccea at 1:21PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement

Hobo's stink. Don't worry PP it is a red herring about you. I can see Waff shining through.
Niccea at 1:24PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
gullas
Nice narrative Waff :) Well I supose that I could give it a try :
The darkness fell over Townston, no one suspected anything. Across town, most people were sleeping but not Niccea. She couldn't sleep. She knew something was wrong but she coulnd't figure out what it was. Maybe it was the smell of the fresh slaughtered carcasses or maybe it was . So she decided, like most good townies, to take a good long walk. She hadn't walked far untill she met someone.
“Not really…” the figure said, “I forgot my daily mincing…”
“ Ah me too,” Niccea said. “I have to return a paper, make a new page for the mafia comic…UGH” was the last thing Niccea said before the figure stab her. Niccea the townie had been partially dismembered tonight.
I gave you a by and corrected spelling.
Product Placement at 1:28PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Product Placement
Hobo's stink. Don't worry PP it is a red herring about you. I can see Waff shining through.
Oh so he is following the rules. The red herrings that pointed at me were so numerous that it made me think that he using me as the killer…. and that he thought I stink.

Ok. Well in that case I'm gonna object to the uses of red herrings. They so blatantly point at someone else that it's unfair to that person. The product placement herring that baron put on one of the clues caused me to become a prime suspect which made playing the game impossible from my angle. I couldn't focus on the clues anymore and was forced to continuously fighting for my innocence. People didn't stop pointing at me until I was dead. I prefer having the clues cryptic and that it could point at many subjects instead of having a huge neon sign pointing at a specific innocent.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 1:33PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Niccea
Product Placement
Oh so he is following the rules. The red herrings that pointed at me were so numerous that it made me think that he using me as the killer…. and that he thought I stink.

Ok. Well in that case I'm gonna object to the uses of red herrings. They so blatantly point at someone else that it's unfair to that person. The product placement herring that baron put on one of the clues caused me to become a prime suspect which made playing the game impossible from my angle. I couldn't focus on the clues anymore and was forced to continuously fighting for my innocence. People didn't stop pointing at me until I was dead. I prefer having the clues cryptic and that it could point at many subjects instead of having a huge neon sign pointing at a specific innocent.
Me too. But I can't do nothing about it. I tried my best when I was writing clues for my game.
waff at 1:37PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Niccea
Product Placement

but your not the killer, alhough there are a few clues at you. for me there was:17 mercenaries (rather vague but I'm 17 years old), the smell,the limp and furry thing (my dead squirell),“…I'd rather not go unnoticed…” paraphrase of a fabius bile quote in my profile, pulping the body with handgun bullets until none are left (the rule#37 quote in my sig).
-edit-
gullas
The darkness fell over Townston, no one suspected anything. Across town, most people were sleeping but not Niccea. She couldn't sleep. She knew something was wrong but she coulnd't figure out what it was. Maybe it was the smell of the fresh slaughtered carcasses or maybe it was the smell of rotting townies(which no one seemed to interested in cleaning up). So she decided, like most good townies, to take a good long walk. She hadn't walked far untill she met someone.
“Not really…” the figure said “ I forgot my daily mincing…”.
“ Ah me too” Niccea said “ I have to return a paper, make a new page for the mafia comic and UGH” was the last thing Niccea said before the figure stab her. Niccea the townie had been partially dismembered tonight.
*starts applauding your narrative*

Product Placement at 1:40PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Now that I read it better I notice those too. But your blatant red herrings actually sold me that you were talking about me.

It's good narration (albeit a little long) and you can expect getting votes for it, I however will reserve my vote for someone who can do a narration like I explained and does it well.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
the2ndredbaron at 1:43PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
So are people going to send there votes to me since I was the previouse gm, I don't mind btw, just wondering if it was going to be you or me niccea.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Product Placement at 1:46PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Well… Niccea insisted being the organizer this time so if it's ok to you then she can stay that way.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 1:47PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
gullas
Dammit, my english spelling sucks… I hope there are no grammar-nazis around to kill me :P
Yo.

And no Red. I'll do all the work. I think it would be fair since I won't be in the next game anyways. (I'm also bored.)
Hakoshen at 2:38PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
I'm going to run, I'm just on the hwy atm.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 2:49PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
Keep your hands on the wheel dude. There is no rush.
waff at 3:36PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Hakoshen
Keep your hands on the wheel dude. There is no rush.
yah don't get yourself killed now hak.

Niccea at 3:51PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
I think Gullas might want to explain his clues for the narrative. *hint* *hint*
gullas at 3:52PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
I second Niccea and Waff…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon